News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

lazyboy97o

That bonu$ was probably way too juicy to pass up. He knew what he was doing.

Yes his salary suffered but the real gold was in the company shares.
He absolutely knew what he was doing. Just like he knew he wasn’t actually going to retire, but it was good for his image. Iger (with Zenia’s help) is a master of image making. He’s been cultivating this image of being a reluctant leader. You can almost guarantee that his political career would have started by him being “called upon.”

Lilofan

He absolutely knew what he was doing. Just like he knew he wasn’t actually going to retire, but it was good for his image. Iger (with Zenia’s help) is a master of image making. He’s been cultivating this image of being a reluctant leader. You can almost guarantee that his political career would have started by him being “called upon.”
The future around the country, book signing tour with Bob and Zenia ! ( who recently resigned.)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Bob Iger is rich, white, woke, and pro-China. He has no electoral prospects in 2021 America.

I thought he would have been an obvious choice to take Kamala Harris' Senate seat, but I don't think he was even considered.

the.dreamfinder

Truly profiles in humility.
I thought he would have been an obvious choice to take Kamala Harris' Senate seat, but I don't think he was even considered.
Pretty sure he thought he could advance to a general election, as an independent, to take Diane Feinstein’s seat, when she dies.

Last edited:

the.dreamfinder

and appointing oneself to host The Wonderful World of Disney when only the company's founder had hosted beforehand is a charitable decision with no ego involved whatsoever? interesting bias here
We were discussing the “reluctant leader”, Eisner very much had a needy ego.

Robbiem

We were discussing the “reluctant leader”, Eisner very much had a needy ego.

Its interesting how many of these ‘leaders’ appear to be driven by insecurity and the need to be called or lauded for what they do. As someone who has been through therapy for anxiety I find it fascinating to see how some of these driven and ‘successful’ people act.

the.dreamfinder

Its interesting how many of these ‘leaders’ appear to be driven by insecurity and the need to be called or lauded for what they do. As someone who has been through therapy for anxiety I find it fascinating to see how some of these driven and ‘successful’ people act.
Repentant Orc on Twitter once said Eisner was the tallest man to ever have a Napoleon complex.

While I must you let guys know it contains inaccuracies, Kim Master’s “Keys to the Kingdom” has a very interesting chapter on MDE’s childhood/coming of age.

Last edited:

VJ

According to the-site-that-shall-not-be-named, Bob Chapek will not be appearing at Destination D23 in person due to feared fan backlash.

The $DIS stock has also not been looking that great lately due to the slowdown of Disney+ subscriber growth.

Could this be what it takes to oust Bob Chapek?

JoeCamel

According to the-site-that-shall-not-be-named, Bob Chapek will not be appearing at Destination D23 in person due to feared fan backlash.

The $DIS stock has also not been looking that great lately due to the slowdown of Disney+ subscriber growth.

Chappie was never going to be 20 years in this job

WDW Pro

I wouldn't hold my breath on Chapek leaving. He might be making decisions that the average customer dislikes, but he's got a solid 2-3 years of diminished earnings before he might be ousted. If he doesn't turn around the Disney+ situation, his shelf life might indeed by just 2-3 more years... but he's pretty cagey. He's fooled a lot of people by being as adept as he has been thus far where it counts: the stock price.

Sir_Cliff

The WDW 50th special from 2020 finally came on Disney+ over here and I must say that it was an interesting study in contrasts watching the interviews with Eisner, Iger, and Chapek. Whatever you think of either Iger or Eisner, they could at least act like human beings in front of the camera. That is a skill Chapek doesn't have and I have my doubts he's going to learn it considering all the speeches and interviews he already had to prepare for as Parks head. It was telling that Iger was interviewed a lot in that show, while the new CEO who was previous head of the Parks division barely popped up and every time he did it was a little awkward.

It is an interesting switch for Disney after having two CEOs who became quasi-celebrities to have someone so lacking in charisma. I don't know how important it is to him doing his job, but in a general sense it does seem like communication at Disney has gone off the rails more generally since he took over. If Iger was a master at controlling the narrative, Chapek seems the opposite and I think that could be a problem for him, particularly if he's already skipping fan events (allegedly) due to the risk of a negative reception.

Last edited:

Unbanshee

Which has proven to be a BS article at this point.

Yes, Chapek pulled out, but it wasn't due to anticipated fan backlash - that's just ol' unscrupulous at it again

Also, when was the last time that Iger was at a Destination D23 event?

Unbanshee

Let people hate him. He deserves it.

I think we can evolve. D'Amaro is head of parks now, he should take the heat for the parks (that he's in charge of...which is all of them...because he's chairman).

I understood the Chapek hate when he was head of the parks we love, but now we can hate him for screwing up marvel contracts and such

We certainly shouldn't hate Chapek when the goal of the unscrupulous article was to get people to hate him over unsubstantiated claims of personal hatred. That does LITERALLY NOTHING except stroke the ego of a blogger

jaxonp

I think we can evolve. D'Amaro is head of parks now, he should take the heat for the parks (that he's in charge of...which is all of them...because he's chairman).

I understood the Chapek hate when he was head of the parks we love, but now we can hate him for screwing up marvel contracts and such

We certainly shouldn't hate Chapek when the goal of the unscrupulous article was to get people to hate him over unsubstantiated claims of personal hatred. That does LITERALLY NOTHING except stroke the ego of a blogger

now I hate him even more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom