News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

toolsnspools

Anyone else get this mental image during the interview?

1582985910556.png

Lilofan

Wouldn’t they just cut upcoming CP and ICP groups before layoffs?
That's an idea but where CPs stay in Disney apts Disney needs to keep the apts filled with CPs since its a money generating aspect for the mouse. The current CP and specifically international cast can't stay past their work visa in USA and they would be illegal in our country. I would hope all the cast who work in the countries in Epcot get screened well when arriving at Orlando airport moving forward.

JoeCamel

Not sure this has already been shared. From WSJ:
I could see him rolling back from a desk after a good deal phone call, rubbing his hands together and saying to himself "this is fun" as the endorphins seep in

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Wouldn’t they just cut upcoming CP and ICP groups before layoffs?
If you narrow down to just front line hourly cast, college program is the last to get cut. They make the least, no benefits, no scheduling preference, and will get put on 6 hour “closing” shifts that results in 4-5 hours of work and and then an early release, allowing them to be “scheduled” the minimum number of hours but not paid for all of it. They are the most valuable for the price to the company and that’s why they have increased the CP staff so much

Brer Oswald

That's an idea but where CPs stay in Disney apts Disney needs to keep the apts filled with CPs since its a money generating aspect for the mouse. The current CP and specifically international cast can't stay past their work visa in USA and they would be illegal in our country. I would hope all the cast who work in the countries in Epcot get screened well when arriving at Orlando airport moving forward.
“Screened well”? What’s that supposed to mean?

WDWTank

Well, I hope you're wrong. I'm looking forward to to major recession and a major downturn in the stock market. That will enable me to buy certain selected stocks at a significant discount and also allow me and my family to take an extended trip down to WDW with room discounts and no crowds. Going to WDW during economic and travel panic periods is a hobby for me.
Smart move :)

WDWTank

Iger wanted to step down to focus more on the creative pipeline in the Disney Company. It makes me wonder if he isn’t happy with the changes in and coming to the parks. It makes me wonder if he really does have a vision for the Disney company more than just money. I wouldn’t want to be in his shoes if I had the job to overcapitalize and destroy the soul of the Disney Company and Chapek is perfect for that.
I like that he’s focusing on creative :)

WDWTank

“The pair were asked about any disagreements they had together, and Iger remarked they had a "debate" about the renaming of California Screamin' at Disney California Adventure. Iger ultimately conceded to Chapek and the coaster became the Incredicoaster.”

Oh crap, we’re screwed. Haha when an IP project is too much for Iger, you know Chapek has transcended to a new plane of existence.
I thought it was Imagineering’s vision, and the Executives paying for it. Now it appears to be Executive’s vision, and Imagineering pays for it. Horrible way to run things, especially as a leader of innovation.

Cesar R M

Those are hilarious movies that hold up. I watched them recently.

Even the third/bad one is side splitting. At the beginning when they’re doing the train station scene from the Untouchables...Frank is reading a newspaper that says “Found For Dyslexia Cure” as the headline
and more and more mailsmans with guns start appearing.. more and more babies keep flying XD
And he finds a quarter on the stairs as he is firing XD

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom