News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Phil12

I can’t see the future anymore than anyone else, but my bet is this is short lived.... Hopefully in the rear-view mirror soon!
Well, I hope you're wrong. I'm looking forward to to major recession and a major downturn in the stock market. That will enable me to buy certain selected stocks at a significant discount and also allow me and my family to take an extended trip down to WDW with room discounts and no crowds. Going to WDW during economic and travel panic periods is a hobby for me.

KeithVH

Well, I hope you're wrong. I'm looking forward to to major recession and a major downturn in the stock market. That will enable me to buy certain selected stocks at a significant discount and also allow me and my family to take an extended trip down to WDW with room discounts and no crowds. Going to WDW during economic and travel panic periods is a hobby for me.

Dang. At least you get to buy what you want. Others of us are so hamstrung (Big Four employee) that I feel I'm really missing out (I hate Independence) on future possibilities. There is definitely some money to be made out there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You can also reuse the last recession commercials from the archives...save big bucks. You’ll just have to have someone sharpie the price...

Now, there’s a reason I did this beyond my usual sarcastic yucks.

Look at the price (circa 2010/11)? Now spend a minute pricing the same thing out now. It’s telling and taking us to where we were always gonna be.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Dang. At least you get to buy what you want. Others of us are so hamstrung (Big Four employee) that I feel I'm really missing out (I hate Independence) on future possibilities. There is definitely some money to be made out there.

This is the thing that always proves to me is that anyone who likes a buck assumes there’s a trampoline at the bottom of the economy. I hope we never have to test that theory.

This one is setting up to be different and “unifying”...and that’s because there is almost zero confidence that the right people to handle
This is are in charge.

Lots of things to watch if Wall Street doesn’t figure out how to rig it’s own game as usual

Last edited:

Lilofan

If you want to live more dangerously, bet on the economy to tank, and short sell the market.

LSLS

So is anybody arguing the CEO stepping down (sure, call it up if you want, but stepping away from the day to day decisions) had NO impact? Or is it more that it was a small impact and the China close downs make up most of it?

Lilofan

So is anybody arguing the CEO stepping down (sure, call it up if you want, but stepping away from the day to day decisions) had NO impact? Or is it more that it was a small impact and the China close downs make up most of it?
Perhaps but Iger at 69 years old, worth over $400 million dollars and counting, does he need the stress of leading the day to day operation of the company anymore?

mikejs78

Premium Member
I'm sure there was a small impact there, as the street loves Iger. It would have happened no matter who he would have named as a replacement. But the vast majority of this is related to Corona virus.

el_super

I'm sure there was a small impact there, as the street loves Iger. It would have happened no matter who he would have named as a replacement. But the vast majority of this is related to Corona virus.

News would suggest this is true. Just saw this come across:

From the article:

After a sit-down with Disney senior management, analysts at J.P. Morgan in a research note offered a thumbs-up on new CEO Bob Chapek, writing the 27-year veteran of the company is "extremely qualified for the job."​
"Disney shares have pulled back … on fears of Covid-19 further impacting Disney's business, and we believe, to a lesser degree, the management transition," the J.P. Morgan analysts wrote.​

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
News would suggest this is true. Just saw this come across:

From the article:

After a sit-down with Disney senior management, analysts at J.P. Morgan in a research note offered a thumbs-up on new CEO Bob Chapek, writing the 27-year veteran of the company is "extremely qualified for the job."​
"Disney shares have pulled back … on fears of Covid-19 further impacting Disney's business, and we believe, to a lesser degree, the management transition," the J.P. Morgan analysts wrote.​
Sorry, but anything with that guy's name on it is instantly suspect to me.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Perhaps but Iger at 69 years old, worth over $400 million dollars and counting, does he need the stress of leading the day to day operation of the company anymore?

Even with the drop in stock price, you may want to bump up his net worth by, oh, 3x or so. He has at least a million TWDC shares in his nest egg. From Investopedia:

"Robert Iger is Disney's single-largest individual shareholder with 1.078 million shares as of March 20, 2019. "

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's interesting to me that everyone loves when I post inside information about why Iger steps down two days before articles confirm it.

I'm confused.

You gave reasons why Iger was stepping down two days before articles confirmed it?

What is the "it" that "articles confirmed"?

I don't see any posts from you about Iger stepping down, or any articles that definitively say "here's why Iger stepped down".

WDW Pro

I'm confused.

You gave reasons why Iger was stepping down two days before articles confirmed it?

What is the "it" that "articles confirmed"?

I don't see any posts from you about Iger stepping down, or any articles that definitively say "here's why Iger stepped down".

My posts have been disappearing in the past few days, so that's not surprising.

peter11435

I don't think @The Mom has the power to delete the news articles you refer to that confirm *the reason Iger stepped down*.

I certainly can't find them. Can you point me toward them? The name of the newspaper / site perhaps?
I certainly never saw the posts that supposedly confirmed the reason Iger stepped down. Of course I also haven’t seen any articles on the subject that confirm anything besides the official statement.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Disney-CEO-Bob-Chapek-and-Bob-Iger.jpg

So many meme possibilities....
Untitled.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom