News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
No one takes Cramer seriously. He is infamous for being so wrong so badly so often.
He’s the most famous person on the country’s leading business network.

I know he’s a bit of a clown but he’s as connected as anyone and kinda famously predicted (pointed out?) “these firms are gonna go out of business” about the big banks 6 months before they all started collapsing, not because he’s a brilliant futurist, but because the CEOs of the banks were calling him and telling him the banks were on a knife’s edge.

My point isn’t to defend him (although I do think he’s better than popular opinion gives him credit for) but rather to point out that he’s probably parroting some very key people with this.

MrPromey

I know he’s a bit of a clown but he’s as connected as anyone and kinda famously predicted (pointed out?) “these firms are gonna go out of business” about the big banks 6 months before they all started collapsing, not because he’s a brilliant futurist, but because the CEOs of the banks were calling him and telling him the banks were on a knife’s edge.

My point isn’t to defend him (although I do think he’s better than popular opinion gives him credit for) but rather to point out that he’s probably parroting some very key people with this.

Probably the other Bob... ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Anything he got right is way offset by what he got wrong.

Smiley/OCD

Correct!! Just like watching the pro picks on the NFL pregame shows, any meteorologist, or even a political prognosticator, when it’s all said and done, he’s got a 50/50 shot of getting it right. Granted he a little more “educated” than your run of the mill stock fan, he does bring a little bit of fun and personality to an otherwise boring TV medium.

mysto

Cramer is well connected. There are pros and cons to this, he both gets inside info and shares it but also repeats what he friends tell him to. His kissing up to CEOs can be quite detrimental at times.

Do not buy what he tells you to WHEN he tells you to. The best way to follow Cramer is to listen to WHY he is recommending things and apply it to something else, or maybe that thing at a different time. Many times you should have bought 6 month ago. He absolutely knows what he's doing, you just have to tiptoe around his role as a celebrity public speaker.

If he's willing to publicly rip on Chapek that speaks volumes.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
If he's willing to publicly rip on Chapek that speaks volumes.
It's the kind of bravery when he panics people by telling them to take everything out of the market NOW!!

Do you think that endears him to all CEOs out there as there is a rush on their stocks and their personal fortunes plummet?

Yeah... so... I'm not giving him bonus points for burning a bridge he doesn't really care about.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Yes Jon Stewart “attacking” him for the stuff he wrote a book a decade earlier admitting to doing with the goal of shedding light on what a problem it is was certainly a thing that…happened. I never know how to react to that. It’s like calling out the Dave’s Killer Bread guy for being a convicted felon.

Again point was he’s connected and this almost certainly isn’t his analysis alone. That’s it!

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Yes Jon Stewart “attacking” him for the stuff he wrote a book a decade earlier admitting to doing with the goal of shedding light on what a problem it is was certainly a thing that…happened. I never know how to react to that. It’s like calling out the Dave’s Killer Bread guy for being a convicted felon.

Again point was he’s connected and this almost certainly isn’t his analysis alone. That’s it!
Then where are the other Wall Streeters calling for Chapek to be fired?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Anyone at Disney post any "I've been laid off!" posts yet?

How's the hiring freeze going?

1668994839339.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom