News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

bcoachable

The direction the “Machine” that is Disney is moving has little to do with who is driving at the moment. Chapek is fine as a person, and I feel bad that his person is being attacked like it is. The second he decided to speak out and ask money to be spent focusing on bettering guest experience, would be the minute he was replaced…
If one was wanting to place blame, it is the machine’s purpose that has changed… and it’s course isn’t going to be altered any time soon…. No matter who is in charge.

JoeCamel

The direction the “Machine” that is Disney is moving has little to do with who is driving at the moment. Chapek is fine as a person, and I feel bad that his person is being attacked like it is. The second he decided to speak out and ask money to be spent focusing on bettering guest experience, would be the minute he was replaced…
If one was wanting to place blame, it is the machine’s purpose that has changed… and it’s course isn’t going to be altered any time soon…. No matter who is in charge.
If he was any kind of a leader he could sell/spin it to look like the money would come back triple.
You have to have the will to do it though

EPCOT-O.G.

I’m sure he’s a wonderful person. But he was able to move up the ladder by increasing profits in the areas under his control. The very publicly unpopular things to those of us on here (squeezing more money out of customers) is why the BOD has been so enamored of him over the years. He can point to revenues and profits per customer as evidence that he is doing exactly what he’s been charged with by them, and spectacularly at that.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
He really has the charisma of a potato 🥔
That's why he's CEO of:
potatoland-mickey-shorts.jpg

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

I’m sure he’s a wonderful person. But he was able to move up the ladder by increasing profits in the areas under his control. The very publicly unpopular things to those of us on here (squeezing more money out of customers) is why the BOD has been so enamored of him over the years. He can point to revenues and profits per customer as evidence that he is doing exactly what he’s been charged with by them, and spectacularly at that.
"Spectacularly"? That is a way over the top descriptor for B.C.

Touchdown

The popularity has nothing to do with politics for Pete sake. Disney was riding high in 2019 after Endgame having landed success after sucess. Then came the pandemic and a drop in movie quality, Disney Parks guest satisfaction scores started to sink and the company started nickel and dining everything. On top of that the CEO has no personality, and has botched most public appearances. Politics is not the driver.

Brian

The popularity has nothing to do with politics for Pete sake. Disney was riding high in 2019 after Endgame having landed success after sucess. Then came the pandemic and a drop in movie quality, Disney Parks guest satisfaction scores started to sink and the company started nickel and dining everything. On top of that the CEO has no personality, and has botched most public appearances. Politics is not the driver.
If we are to believe the person who tweeted out that polling screenshot, Disney's favorability polling was +56 favorable in 2021. Now (in 2022) they're only +3. I can't see any of the things you mentioned being new enough or impactful enough to cause that dramatic of a fall for a once-beloved American institution.

Animaniac93-98

Disney owning everything, oversaturating the market with mixed quality products, and squeezing park guests for all their worth (while making vacationing a chore) probably impact their reputation more than any political stances.

Brian

It's not new, but has gotten exponentially worse in that time with things like Genie+
You're welcome to your opinion, of course, but I personally don't think that Genie+ and other miscellaneous nickel and diming at the parks can account for such a gigantic loss in favorability rating (+56 in 2021 to +3 in 2022), especially when considering that the parks make up only a portion of TWDC's business.

UNCgolf

I don't think polling for Disney's favorability status really matters. If people look on the company disfavorably but still buy their products, it's irrelevant for a corporation -- and that appears to be the case. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest Disney is taking any hit to their overall revenue. There are plenty of companies that are supposedly hated by the public but have absolutely no problem selling their goods and/or services.

Last edited by a moderator:

kalel8145

You're welcome to your opinion, of course, but I personally don't think that Genie+ and other miscellaneous nickel and diming at the parks can account for such a gigantic loss in favorability rating (+56 in 2021 to +3 in 2022), especially when considering that the parks make up only a portion of TWDC's business.
Then they do stuff like this. Certainly won't help.
dcffafbed5dc6bbc0aedff87f7ed5b673fd5bfe318b6509ab632745210266546_1.jpg.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom