News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Cesar R M

Yeah...I think that if Zuck and Microsoft have anything to say about it, VR is just a gateway for their aspirations. (Microsoft is potentially buying out Activision/Blizzard for their NFT capabilities? And Zuck basically wants Ready Player 1 to be reality.)
Zuck wanting ready player 1 is a pipe dream.
The ideas and avatars of the first iteration of his "meta verse" are pathetically bland. Almost as bad as Gen 1 Wii characters.
Nowhere someone would dream.
I think VRChat is currently the most close thing to a Ready Player One.
Except the disparity of character models is hilarious. Same with the background or maps quality as you change of zones, channels, maps or servers.

ImperfectPixie

Zuck wanting ready player 1 is a pipe dream.
The ideas and avatars of the first iteration of his "meta verse" are pathetically bland. Almost as bad as Gen 1 Wii characters.
Nowhere someone would dream.
I think VRChat is currently the most close thing to a Ready Player One.
Except the disparity of character models is hilarious. Same with the background or maps quality as you change of zones, channels, maps or servers.
Zuck also seems to have a desperate need for people to like him...also a pipe dream.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What’s this “Facebook” you speak of? I thought they changed their name (like the great Oz) after it started to hit the Main Street conscious that they allowed their platform to be used to support the rise of strongmen regimes across the globe and profited off it?

just a minor detail that happens to be a fact

ImperfectPixie

What’s this “Facebook” you speak of? I thought they changed their name (like the great Oz) after it started to hit the Main Street conscious that they allowed their platform to be used to support the rise of strongmen regimes across the globe and profited off it?

Just the parent company became "Meta". Facebook the social media platform is still Facebook.

ImperfectPixie

Also...my 15-year-old geeky son thinks "Meta" is the dumbest name EVER. (And I love that.)

ImperfectPixie

Iger thinks the streaming wars are over. He categorizes pricing leverage over consumers as abuse. And he talks about companies needing to be a place where people want to work with competitive wages.

Transcript it too long to put behind a spoiler, but an incognito window should work to get around any paywall.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Iger thinks the streaming wars are over. He categorizes pricing leverage over consumers as abuse. And he talks about companies needing to be a place where people want to work with competitive wages.

Transcript it too long to put behind a spoiler, but an incognito window should work to get around any paywall.
Meh, what does he know? He thinks "more trees" is a sign of creative genius.

Also, even a private/Incognito browsing window doesn't get around the paywall for the transcript. Tried two different browsers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom