News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Disone

I shudder to think of the day when Iger is looked fondly upon like how many people think of Eisner now.
Eh. I do not miss Eisner. I do think the first half of us tenure was great but the second half not so much. Igar was the opposite. I thought he started off slow and then really turned up the investment streams it really started investing left and right. And Making creative and risky Investments. In my time I have not seen this level of investment at Walt Disney World. A lot of it I love some of it I question but...., Iger I will miss.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
it should also be noted that Iger didn’t leave and is going to run the board and creative development.
Vacating his title would trigger his severance...which was valued at $500,000,000 just days ago and laden with stock options.

1+1= x??
It's hard to see a future where Cheap-out Chapek doesn't kill off every last bit of what once made WDW so special.

No offense...but you and I are just as guilty of that as the Bob’s
Look at y’all. Hating Iger for years, and minutes after he steps down, already begging for him to come back. :p
I expressed my opinions above on the last 3 ceos. The names don’t matter...but the experience and trends do.
People started losing that before today!!! Maybe Chapek will kick ABC &ESPN out of the Company, Fine with me!!! More money for the parks!!!

Granted SWGE was hard to get going but wasn't Disney+ a smashing Success? That should make Iger look good right???
Nope...nope...nope...and yes

RSoxNo1

For everyone jumping on the whole deal with Target...it's like you've all forgotten that about 5 years earlier TWDC announced a similar deal with JC Penney - those Disney shops within JCP are still going strong. The Target thing is really not a big deal...most of that product was already in the Target stores spread around the various departments, all Target is doing is creating a designated space for only Disney product. It's not a bad idea, nor harmful to the company.
Target and Disney isn't a big deal but it was pretty $%&#% odd to talk about it in the Parks panel at D23. That's a press release item not something you talk about to your bread and butter theme park fans. It was tone deaf.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is less about Chapek (he is largely unknown, even to the street) and more about losing Iger, who was loved.

Chapek is terrible, but investors don’t know that. They just want Iger to remain CEO.
Loved without actually naming a board approved or vetted successor...

So he won’t be loved in the rear view quite so much, Will he?

RSoxNo1

I would say this is "not good". I've reached out to any and all contacts I have with insight on this, but only one response... apparently there's more to the story, so just stick around and enjoy the popcorn. Iger is a genius CEO, even if you disagree with some of his stances. Chapek is... yikes.

Just to let you know, there IS a political component to this.
I'm guessing cabinet position, if not VP announcement. Timing is still odd considering Iger is a Democrat, you'd think it would at least be closer to a nominee being named.

Indy_UK

Eek. I was hoping for Kevin Mayer in the role. Don’t be surprised if he now leaves the company too.

I’d like to think Chapeks time with Park’s means he will look kindly on them and invest more but I’m not hopeful

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom