Bob Iger retiring

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well it's finally happening.

Can we put USA Today on a list of banned clickbait sites?

Iger did not announce he was retiring. There was no announcement. He was asked if he was going to retire when his contract was up and what succession plans did the board have in place. Bob just simply stated what had always been the case, that is, his retirement was put off until 2021 and the board is looking for a successor. Which is what everyone should have been assuming as that was the situation that had been announced long ago.

To have a clickbait title that Iger "announces" his retirement is shameless.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Take his retirement timeline with a grain of salt. We've heard this before.

Agreed...but a little different spin. The decision has been made. Let's assume 2 years. Basically they have 2 years to replace him. A bunch of names will come to the surface......the one selected will have the least impact on the stock.........I say they are going younger...(under 45 on this call)........someone they'll promote as a "visionary"...........then I'll buy the rumor and sell the news........

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Agreed...but a little different spin. The decision has been made. Let's assume 2 years. Basically they have 2 years to replace him. A bunch of names will come to the surface......the one selected will have the least impact on the stock.........I say they are going younger...(under 45 on this call)........someone they'll promote as a "visionary"...........then I'll buy the rumor and sell the news........
J.J. Abrams?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I never put anything on here fearing I would be attacked.

There is a "special" place on this Forum where certain views (feelings) can be freely expressed. And sure, from time to time there is - what could be considered an "attack" - but for the most part its just heated back and forth discussion. Right @Jim S ?

Just don't let any disagreement carry over to any other part of the forum.

JIMINYCR

If and when it comes... so be it. The man hasnt done as much or gone in the direction other wanted as some predicted when he took over from Eisner. Hes had many stumbles but there have been some successes too, even though some wont recognize them because of their animosity towards him. Sure his personality and management style isnt like Eisner (or Walt) but Disney ( WDW, DL, all the others, and the company as a whole) is still here and going strong. Whoever gets picked to carry on in the future will be compared to Iger & Eisner & Walt and to many will also fall short. All I know is I wouldnt want the job or shoulder the responsibility. but its easy to be the guy looking on and critiquing everyone elses moves and thinking youd do or could better. I didnt like everything about Eisner but I respected all he did and can say the same for Iger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom