Bob Iger may extend his contract past 2019

alphac2005

I remember when Fox was going to be the big David and Goliath fight against the big three. ABC, CBS, and NBC. Wait a second, doesn't Disney own ABC? Isn't this going to trip some sort of Bucket law or Monopoly law? Owning half of the network air, should ring some bells since, they already have Time/Warner, so they pretty own the print world. Or am I totally wrong on this? Having Murdoch as a possible replacement may not be too bad, he does like to go against the established norm. He did take 20th Century Fox and turn it into the 4th news network. Wait a second, aren't the Simpsons, Married with children, and a few other Universal used items owned by Fox?

This would be James Murdoch, who is one of Rupert Murdoch's children, and the notion of a Murdoch regardless of political affiliation should be chilling to all. You would have one family with their tentacles in the operations of way too much media worldwide from networks to satellite. It would be a stock deal according to reports with the Murdoch's then getting a percentage of Disney and a board seat. IMHO from my past in journalism in the industry, it would be a death knell to any foundation and fundamentals left at Disney. I've actually heard good things about James Murdoch, but the concentration of media power should disturb any and all. I look at the simple idea that in Murdoch's sons, they personally don't align themselves to the politics of a certain "news" channel and have serious qualms about what they spread, yet while James heads the ops now, they don't institute any changes because money is what matters most in the end, which to me personally is repugnant and that makes me question James Murdoch.

Why is this happening? I saw CNBC say the other day that Disney "has to" make some type of deal for something right now. It's all Wall St. b.s. driven and that's what King Iger is all about in the end.

Jedi Stitch

Disney would not be purchasing The Fox network. Disney does not own Time/Warner
Ok thanks. makes sense. I thought at one time Disney had the print media covered? I remember in my comic book days this had been an issue, but I guess no more. Thanks for the insight.

Jedi Stitch

You've created quite a tangled mess of fact, fiction, tropes and memes here. I see why you have Stitch in your AVATAR.

If we want MSNBC type content we can just watch that network.
LOL. Thanks I can take that as a compliment. I just remember that at one time, many of these were facts to me, I guess it is never news when things sell and Disney doesn't own it anymore.

spock8113

Sounds like it's a done deal and now into 2021? Fox or no Fox.
Announcement: Welcome Aboard the Bill O'Reilly "No Spin Zone" Tea Cups

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom