Bob Iger Bans Top Analyst and His Firm

WDW1974

Original Poster
We don't get to put threads where we think they will be the hottest.. that defeats the entire purpose. Besides, the latest posts feeds, new posts lists, user profiles, watched threads, and more all ignore forum boundaries. Forum boundaries don't kill threads... lack of interest does.

Sometimes people just are not aware of what is going on. If this site were all talk about the amazing Disney Springs mall or attractions that might open by 2022 at WDW, I'd leave here. That stuff bores me to tears. You tend to go to more 'meaty' topics yourself. I'd love to discuss this further, but if it's going to be 2-3-4 of us, then I'm not sure it's worth it.

rael ramone

I'm wondering if we are seeing the formation of a CEO bubble.

CNBC, analysts, etc. give an outsized importance of the CEO to the stock price.

Companies control the narrative from social media to regular news to the analyst community - a good segment of it is how wonderful their CEO is.

In turn, companies (which may in reality have CEOs that should have an effect range from slightly positive to downright disastrous) are given a 'CEO Premium' to their stock price.

If what $DIS is doing is 'industry standard', then the true owners of the businesses (the stockholders) are being misled by their employees (the various Boards & Company Officers).

rushtest4echo

Committing fraud against the very company he 'covers' and is to this day very ethically challenged.

He knows his stuff though.

So a company not wanting to deal with a person of this sort because he "knows his stuff" is somehow a bad thing? Well connected insiders that commit fraud and are ethically challenged are supposed to be granted access to DIS's books? Honestly, the only Jim Hill comparisons I've seen come out of this forum tend to align with/describe nobody but you...

Stellajack

Premium Member
It was a d**k move to downgrade the stock on the day of The Force Awakens premier.
In total agreement with "fractal's" statement.

In addition, though it has not been expressly stated, there is an implied perception in many of these posts that shareholders do not know what is going on in TWDC or need to be educated daily in a stock analysis report, Buy/Sell/Hold, etc.
Rest assured that shareholders do indeed follow DIS daily, opening to closing, as well as market reports and stock analysts blogs and opeds. In the case of Greenfield vs. Iger, it is difficult to tell who is manipulating whom. Time will tell, but then it always does when dealing with stocks.

brb1006

Good Morning America just did another Shanghai Disney segment a few minutes ago featuring Bob Over and the newswomen riding the attractions with more statements with Bob which she tells the rest if the needs gang. Bob appears to be having a lot of fun at the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom