Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

brb1006

Am I the only person not really hyped for the new Star Wars attractions? Than again, I'm not a huge fan when it comes to films with a Sci-Fi themes or takes place in space. I did enjoy the Star Tours ride in Hollywood Studios.

dizneycrazy09

Am I the only person not really hyped for the new Star Wars attractions? Than again, I'm not a huge fan when it comes to films with a Sci-Fi themes or takes place in space. I did enjoy the Star Tours ride in Hollywood Studios.

600.jpg

RSoxNo1

If it's $300-350 for MK and Epcot, I would expect the following:
Overhaul of Imagination Pavilion, possible upgrades to World Showcase films, upgrades to Spaceship Earth. If not Imagination, then an Energy pavilion overhaul
For MK, I would expect at least one new attraction, but possible a major focus on Tomorrowland. I'd love to see Space Mountain redone, CoP upgrades and replacements for Stitch, MILF and Buzz

gmajew

Premium Member
If it's $300-350 for MK and Epcot, I would expect the following:
Overhaul of Imagination Pavilion, possible upgrades to World Showcase films, upgrades to Spaceship Earth. If not Imagination, then an Energy pavilion overhaul
For MK, I would expect at least one new attraction, but possible a major focus on Tomorrowland. I'd love to see Space Mountain redone, CoP upgrades and replacements for Stitch, MILF and Buzz

I don't see Buzz or MILF leaving anytime soon. Buzz may get new ride cars and guns but it is a people eating machine and the IP is very very popular and fits in Tomorrowland at least. MILF does not fit but the theater really leaves few options for a ride so my gut is telling me it stays as it also is a people eater and really the show is pretty funny. Stitch for sure gets redone but it will be a similar ride in that space.

The only new ride or area I see getting completely redone and new is the speedway.

Space needs a new track and that should be a maintenance expense as it is just in bad bad shape.

MattM

I work for a silicon valley company and one thing that you ALWAYS look for is HOW the company spends it's money when seeking a partner for some endeavor you cannot execute on your own. Companies posting GREAT numbers yet embarking on mass layoffs and cost cutting measures are highly suspect as at least in the tech sectors are seen (and have a history of in the 'Valley) as about to blow up and doubly so when it happens in their most profitable divisions.

Look at the layoffs at P&R and ESPN - huge numbers and in ESPN's case not renewing the contracts of popular on-air personalities. At least in MY industry stuff like this is a giant red flag.
Are you comparing TWDC to the highly volatile climate of Silicon Valley?

pajammies

No you're not. I'm not the least bit interested in Star Wars. But I will say I'm still excited for the changes at DHS and can't wait to see what they do. I think it could still be interesting and fun.
However, we are definitely in the minority.

Animaniac93-98

Am I the only person not really hyped for the new Star Wars attractions?

No, but I understand that it's very popular and a license to print money, so I understand why they're focusing so much on it.

My only hope is whatever mix of IPs they use for this expansion, the final result will be worth the wait.

PhotoDave219

So that with Marni1971's "2.8. But remember that's also for infrastructure." from the DHS Thread. We're at $3.4-$3.5 Billion. Anything else getting money?

I like that number. Thats a good number.

All that Ive been told is the same things We've been saying. 10% each to MK/EP..... which is $300-350 Million. Star Wars at DHS. Pixar at DHS. Infrastructure at DHS which may include a Parking Garage/new entrance (From @Lee)

No information on anything else, yes or no.

However @WDW1974 just found this from The LA Times detailing some Pandora/DAK details, so enjoy.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't see Buzz or MILF leaving anytime soon. Buzz may get new ride cars and guns but it is a people eating machine and the IP is very very popular and fits in Tomorrowland at least. MILF does not fit but the theater really leaves few options for a ride so my gut is telling me it stays as it also is a people eater and really the show is pretty funny. Stitch for sure gets redone but it will be a similar ride in that space.

The only new ride or area I see getting completely redone and new is the speedway.

Space needs a new track and that should be a maintenance expense as it is just in bad bad shape.
Guardians of the Galaxy could be a decent fit to replace Stitch. I'd love to see the Speedway go and be replaced with something substantial. Not sure if that's enough money to do it though.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Are you comparing TWDC to the highly volatile climate of Silicon Valley?

I'm comparing to other large publicly traded companies which have imploded after posting great financials, Yet even in Silicon Valley the patterns are the same great results yet they spend like they are at the end of their funding and will do anything for cash.

MattM

I'm comparing to other large publicly traded companies which have imploded after posting great financials, Yet even in Silicon Valley the patterns are the same great results yet they spend like they are at the end of their funding and will do anything for cash.
You should short Disney, then. Especially since you didn't like it at $94 from our prior conversation.

Your posts are a kick, man. Real tinfoil hat type stuff. Part of me wants you to stop because people here will read your nonsense and believe what you're saying, but the other part wants you to keep it up because the laughs are great.

Cesar R M

Now the question will is do you want new attractions with that money or rides plussed to make them better? Epcot we need new rides but MK I may be ok with them just plussing the current line up.
Meh, I wonder if most of this money will be used(again) for required upgrades and fixing stuff that was damaged ( by lack of maintenance ) than adding stuff..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom