Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Cesar R M

And it's going down every year, too. The point they're trying to make is that TDO sat on their laurels in terms of innovation for the 2010s. With the $2 billion spent on MM+, they could have invested $1 billion into better Wi-Fi, $500 million for Pixar and $500 million for Future World. If they had done that, DHS wouldn't need a $2-2.5 billion makeover (just a $1-1.5 billion one :p), and Epcot would have been relatively set other than a WoL replacement and maybe a new pavillion between Land/Seas.

Universal Orlando should see at least one of their parks pass DHS by 2017. Especially if Diagon's first full year drives USF past 9 million, and Kong gets IOA up to 8.8-9 million. By 2018, the MSHI overhaul, Fallon, a nighttime show for IOA, something JP/JW, F&F and Nintendo should either be finished or finishing up by 2019. DHS' big moneymaker (Star Wars Land) won't be done until October-December 2021. If DHS 'magically' does 10.5-11 million when there's only 7-8 attractions, I'd be shocked. There's some major attendance fudging if that's the case.
And how would you feed these new "wifis" if your backbone is crumbling and outdated?
Like I have said many times, I hardly think that MM+ was just wristbands and system unification.

Toy Story Playland in Disneyland Paris took about 10 months to build, so that's probably what we'd be looking at.

unless they drag their feet. like they have been dragging it at the swamps.

ULPO46

It's been rumored that Echo lake will become a Lucasfilm zone with ore Indiana jones and the rumor mill for years star wars expansion. But I doubt that they will be building any of this soon. Look at how long Avatar land has taken. I think we wont hear until we hear bout the success of Star Wars' reboot.

NormC

It is possible but more than likely this area will be rebooted Lucasfilm area hence the rumors about expansion on Indiana Jones and the years in the rumor mill of star wars
There still needs to be a transition of some type from the Hollywood that never was. It would be easier to do if Indy becomes the transition though as it would be less abrupt than Vintage architecture to Star Wars. Personally I hope Echo Lake stays even if the ship and dino are removed and the far side become Dagobah or some Indy jungle waterway.

ULPO46

There still needs to be a transition of some type from the Hollywood that never was. It would be easier to do if Indy becomes the transition though as it would be less abrupt than Vintage architecture to Star Wars. Personally I hope Echo Lake stays even if the ship and dino are removed and the far side become Dagobah or some Indy jungle waterway.
Well I know that plenty of imageineers are looking at this and it wont be a disappointment I hope(Crossed fingers) Knowing Disney they hopefully will get this right give or take that greedy upper management doesn't cut the budget on this project because it might as well cost just as much as making a 5th gate at the WDWR. My thoughts are that Lights Camera Action will be taken out since there is nothing out way back there. Backlot already went bye bye, next Streets of America, could it be a possible Muppets extension? They honestly need to update that film but not be like epcot and just take out a pavilion's attraction and frozenize it. It will be very interesting to hear when Disney officially announces their decision because it's still being debated since Money has now become a priority in Burbank.

BrerJon

It was going to be called Hollywoodland. Did this change?

There's lots of names floating around. Most people assume Disney Hollywood Adventure, and are using that as a stop-gap name until we know for sure, but others have been suggested... Hollywoodland, Movie Magic, Movie Kingdom, Hollywood Dreams, Stars Kingdom... plenty of rumoured names, but at this point nothing definite has been announced, and even the name change was only confirmed by accident when a shareholder tricked Iger into revealing it.

flynnibus

Premium Member
$3B would need to be disclosed in the earnings call, which is before D23

Not really... They don't have to disclos future spending... But it would be to their benefit to warn the market that expenses and margins will change if the spend is big enough to move the expected targets. And even that can be explained away with vague statements

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom