Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Leadership meetings, touring Avatar, and reviewing some stuff that shall not be named until August.

I believe all of the above is true. But do you know this for a fact or are you placing it out because it makes sense and sounds good?

I was told last year that final money matters of the start of the Studios Makeover/Rebranding would be complete by the end of the third fiscal quarter. The end of that quarter is June 30th. If the info I got last year was accurate (and it usually is) then I'd surmise the BoD is getting together for a dog and pony show that will largely determine how much $$$ gets spent on that park and the various components: Pixar, Star Wars, infrastructure etc.

AEfx

I believe all of the above is true. But do you know this for a fact or are you placing it out because it makes sense and sounds good?

I was told last year that final money matters of the start of the Studios Makeover/Rebranding would be complete by the end of the third fiscal quarter. The end of that quarter is June 30th. If the info I got last year was accurate (and it usually is) then I'd surmise the BoD is getting together for a dog and pony show that will largely determine how much $$$ gets spent on that park and the various components: Pixar, Star Wars, infrastructure etc.

Since I'm giving unsolicited advice...if you had started this thread with what you wrote above, and not:

I believe he is holed up inside the Grand Flo (his usual choice) and taking part in important meetings (over things like the next six special cupcakes to be offered at WDW? Or the reaction to excrement-themed dessert items. Who knows?)

It would be soooooooo much easier to trust in what you post when it's got factual information, not theatrics and hyperbole. This is what makes you seem like someone who just has an axe to grind and not a whistle-blower.

surfsupdon

They are actually at BoardWalk Club Level. Been fixing the rooms up since May to get them ready. Even tho recently refurbed, they had to get them even better.

I was at BWI in May, asked why rooms were closed, on the floor, and they said b/c every single WDW high up was coming for a meeting.

PhotoDave219

Based upon the fact that they are being forced to rough it at BW with people who aren't even in the Two-Comma Club, it's gotta be DHS.

Maybe. Maybe not. Could be where they were just scheduled to meet. Wouldn't use the meetings location as an indication of anything.

However...

Based on everything else we've heard, speculated on, etc., I think it's a possibility.

BrerJon

Based upon the fact that they are being forced to rough it at BW with people who aren't even in the Two-Comma Club, it's gotta be DHS.

It would be nearer if they're planning on spending a lot of time at the park, but then again I doubt they'll be slumming it on a FriendShip to get there, so we probably can't read too much into the location.

ToTBellHop

It would be nearer if they're planning on spending a lot of time at the park, but then again I doubt they'll be slumming it on a FriendShip to get there, so we probably can't read too much into the location.
I'm sure you are right. BW is just a striking pick to me as it isn't commonly regarded as a stellar deluxe. I doubt Bob is taking the BoD out to dinner at the fabulous new Trattoria al Forno that all the cool cats out in SoCal have been raving about.

wdw71fan

I'm never interested in sounding good :).. Pretty concrete on the agenda actually, this visit was scheduled before the shareholders meeting..

AEfx

I'm sure you are right. BW is just a striking pick to me as it isn't commonly regarded as a stellar deluxe. I doubt Bob is taking the BoD out to dinner at the fabulous new Trattoria al Forno that all the cool cats out in SoCal have been raving about.

I think Boardwalk may be for it's logistical/security purposes. Others here would know much better than I, but I recall reports of quite a few celebrities and politicians who stay there and I've always assumed that was why.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom