Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

KingOfEpicocity

Wonders is likely to become a multiple IP pavilion for the younger crowd. Don’t expect any “real” attractions. Expect this to open during the SSE project and way before Imag. Might even see some walls this year.

A new film is also approved for The Harvest Theatre.

Oops wrong thread.
I guess Disney must have taken that beautiful mobile sculpture in the middle of that pavilion a little too seriously! :hilarious:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yet, you and I both know it's going to be a blockbuster in terms popularity....
Of course it will be. That’s why it’s being built.

Average guest doesn’t understand, know or care what it is, why it’s there, or the problems about it’s placement. It’s new and shiny and says coaster. They’ll ride it for a few minutes and move onto the next pretty shiny thing.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yet, you and I both know it's going to be a blockbuster in terms popularity....

The brand new coaster at a six flags is usually killer its first year too... but when you feed people sugar, they keep needing it.

It's why regional parks rely on the 'whats new this year!!' type of marketing to draw people back to revisit. And years where they don't have any new draw, they suffer. That's why they are usually on a pretty regular cadence to roll out new headliners or entertainment.

Settling for the 'it will be popular... but pulls the bigger picture apart' will pull Disney more towards that "Im just here for the new ride" type of visitor and into the same rut.

jt04

A great attraction is diminished by poor placement... and right now nobody knows if this will be a good attraction on its own merits or not.

Not sure they would have done something this controversial unless they knew it was a winner. Hopefully.

po1998

A great attraction is diminished by poor placement...

...only by critics who are looking to find fault in everything WDW. I get it, the building is big, and the theme of the attraction might not be the perfect fit, but either wait for it to open before criticizing, or state your opinion and move on. The non-stop bashing over the course of 2-3 years of construction, and then more after opening is tiring.

...and it's not just GoTG. It's TRON, it's Rat, it's everything that is announced or even rumored.

This is not just directed at you, rather all members, and I am critical of TDO at times myself, but I try and resist repeating myself over and over and over again.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
...only by critics who are looking to find fault in everything WDW. I get it, the building is big, and the theme of the attraction might not be the perfect fit, but either wait for it to open before criticizing, or state your opinion and move on. The non-stop bashing over the course of 2-3 years of construction, and then more after opening is tiring.

...and it's not just GoTG. It's TRON, it's Rat, it's everything that is announced or even rumored.

This is not just directed at you, rather all members, and I am critical of TDO at times myself, but try and resist repeating myself over and over and over again.
Some of us learned a lesson from New Fantasy Land. Some (apparently), did not. The writing is on the wall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom