Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

Cmdr_Crimson

Doing something with the WoL pavilion would not interfere with the daily park guest visit at all.
Waiting for a new movie to go into The Land pavilion theatre.
Reboot Figment and the imagination pavilion plus put in a new 3D movie (perhaps Figment)

Yeah but were now getting at 2 years since the D23 Expo announcement and nothing about the FW Layout has emerged not even a refurb wall besides at UoE...Let's hope that will hear anything else new at this years Expo and a RE-Designed layout....
epcot-future-world-concept-art-d23-expo-230.jpg

trainplane3

Yeah but were now getting at 2 years since the D23 Expo announcement and nothing about the FW Layout has emerged not even a refurb wall besides at UoE...Let's hope that will hear anything else new at this years Expo and a RE-Designed layout....
epcot-future-world-concept-art-d23-expo-230.jpg
I got you covered:
C5Ryhvz.png

I got a super sneaky peek at the future of Epcot. I had to watermark it so bloggers won't steal my insider info.

Stripes

Bullocks. If the issue was resources then Disney wouldn’t have reduced the ranks of Walt Disney Imagineering after the park opened.
And yet, WDI is bigger right now than its been in a long, long time. Certainly bigger than pre-Shanghai cuts. The only time its been this big is when DCA and TDS were being built.

Have you seen the TEA credits for Shanghai? The WDI credits are pages and pages and pages long. Shanghai clearly had an impact on development. Even if resources weren't an issue, risk was. A $5.5 billion development clearly entails quite a lot of risk, and as a business you don't want to overstretch in case things go wrong.

Last edited:

AKL2003

Doing something with the WoL pavilion would not interfere with the daily park guest visit at all.
Waiting for a new movie to go into The Land pavilion theatre.
Reboot Figment and the imagination pavilion plus put in a new 3D movie (perhaps Figment)
Can you imagine, if done right, how much just doing those few things would improve future world?? Bringing something back to WoL and updating the Imagination pavillion are my top two wishes for WDW...

lazyboy97o

And yet, WDI is bigger right now than its been in a long, long time. Certainly bigger than pre-Shanghai cuts. The only time its been this big is when DCA and TDS were being built.

Have you seen the TEA credits for Shanghai? The WDI credits are pages and pages and pages long. Shanghai clearly had an impact on development. Even if resources weren't an issue, risk was. A $5.5 billion development clearly entails quite a lot of risk, and as a business you don't want to overstretch in case things go wrong.
Disney wasn’t paying even half of that cost.

Stripes

WDI was spread thin in 1981. Contractors ruled the roost in the 2010s.

Remember it’s a hire and fire environment now.
I definitely know they bring on more people for the sole purpose of a single project, but LinkedIn data suggests that the average tenure at WDI is more than 8 years which is extremely consistent with any other company. (In other words, most companies have an average tenure around 8 years.)

I'm also not sure that project based hires are anything new for WDI. I've found quite a number of former Imagineers on LinkedIn who were at WDI in the 80s and 90s for only a year or two, sometimes less than that. And they usually mention in the profile that they were hired for X project.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I definitely know they bring on more people for the sole purpose of a single project, but LinkedIn data suggests that the average tenure at WDI is more than 8 years which is extremely consistent with any other company. (In other words, most companies have an average tenure around 8 years.)

I'm also not sure that project based hires are anything new for WDI. I've found quite a number of former Imagineers on LinkedIn who were at WDI in the 80s and 90s for only a year or two, sometimes less than that. And they usually mention in the profile that they were hired for X project.
Contractors and consultants wouldn’t list Walt Disney Imagineering as an employer as they are not employees. They would be listed as a client. There is also greater use of third party companies.

Stripes

Contractors and consultants wouldn’t list Walt Disney Imagineering as an employer as they are not employees. They would be listed as a client. There is also greater use of third party companies.
I never suggested otherwise. I was referring to the project based hires at WDI. With regard to third parties, all vendors are listed in TEA credits. Virtually none are design firms. For Cars Land, for example, the only third party design firm, outside of general facility design, was Redphin Productions which helped design the ride vehicles. Everything else was completely designed by WDI.

For Pandora, the only third party design firm was Fredricks Design, which designed the ride seats in Flight of Passage.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

At one time, they were considering Carsland for DHS. I wonder if Test Track loses the GM sponsorship, it’ll revert to Radiator Springs Racers. It could happen.
If it did It would probably change to the Rust-eze Racing Center so future cars can be as fast as Lightning..That scene in the movie looks like it could be the main lobby of TT...
latest

MrHorse

Contractors and consultants wouldn’t list Walt Disney Imagineering as an employer as they are not employees. They would be listed as a client.

In practice, folks are pretty loose with these distinctions. By and large, people are far more concerned with project history than the details of someone's compensation. It's really common for consultants and contractors to list someone as an employer if they were dedicated to the client for any substantial amount of time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom