Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

Seabasealpha1

It's popular for old school fans I get that, but kids in my family find Epcot boring. Things like Ratatooie which will help them learn about France while always having fun with a ride is only a good thing in my view
Mind telling me what they’ll learn about France? What did you learn about France watching the film when it came out? That everyone can cook?

Tavernacle12

It's popular for old school fans I get that, but kids in my family find Epcot boring. Things like Ratatooie which will help them learn about France while always having fun with a ride is only a good thing in my view

I found Epcot boring as a kid and as I grew older it became my favorite park. Not everything at Disney needs to appeal to five year olds.

FrankLapidus

In what way can a rat with culinary skills be used to educate anyone about France?

I'm actually on board with this attraction, particularly compared to everything else in the pipeline at Epcot. But I'm not holding out any hope that it's going to be educational in any way.

Indy_UK

Mind telling me what they’ll learn about France? What did you learn about France watching the film when it came out? That everyone can cook?

Ok so maybe not learning per se, but helps children's relate a Disney movie to a different country and culture.

I don't agree with it for every pavailion in Epcot. For example, Mexico ride should be left well alone from Coco. Spaceship earth I wouldn't IP either (although needs a major update) but the IP they're adding now isn't that bad...except Guardians

Seabasealpha1

I found Epcot boring as a kid and as I grew older it became my favorite park. Not everything at Disney needs to appeal to five year olds.
You know there’s like no in-between for the company these days...either it’s completely adult amenities with booze and shopping and ridiculous room rates or if that doesn’t work they wallpaper it in princesses and spray it down with conquered IP’s...

Seabasealpha1

Ok so maybe not learning per se, but helps children's relate a Disney movie to a different country and culture.

I don't agree with it for every pavailion in Epcot. For example, Mexico ride should be left well alone from Coco. Spaceship earth I wouldn't IP either (although needs a major update) but the IP they're adding now isn't that bad...except Guardians
The issue I foresee (as an American to boot) is that we’re getting cutesy-IP-ridden Americanized versions of these cultures or complete B.S. “inspired by” (cough Frozen...cough cough) make believe oversimplified patronizing corporate versions of these countries...Complete with gift shops full of the same fodder we can find at Magic Kingdom...it’s atrocious.

Disorbust

Whats sad is they could do both, keep the spirit of EPCOT and have IP offerings, but don't have the longterm foresight to do both. The poulation is aging, the birth rate is going down they need to consider their market is more than 5yos. I went to EP on a slow day in JAnuary and was surprised home many snowbirds/retirees were there WITHOUT grandchildren.

montyz81

I visited EC when I was 12 (1993) it was the only park I remember in great detail as a kid. I have no detailed memory of Magic Kingdom except for Space Mountain and Pirates(1983 versions). Epcot can still be relevant without IPs and roller coasters.

Cmdr_Crimson

Why do they keep saying that they will preserve the original intent of Epcot Center? I feel optimistic that the essence of Epcot will be preserved.
We should have been seeing Sponsered attractions within the pavillions, a world's fair flair and timeless original songs that make you want to experience again and again....

IMO...I still wish Epcot could have locked the golden rule from day one...NO DISNEY CHARACTERS go to MK if you are wanting to see them. So sayeth in the Today Show's report..

FerretAfros

I think this pretty well summarizes my feelings about what's being done to World Showcase, and Epcot and all of WDW in general:

2451500689_1344dd5541_b.jpg

Happy birthday, Mickey, I guess!

Sonconato

Goodbye Epcot. It was great to know you.
When @marni1971 says goodbye, it's gone for good. I'm at least glad that I have martinsvids to keep the history alive. Thank you Martin for making those. I mean that sincerely. From the 80's to 2007 this was my favorite park, but now I avoid it like the plague...how the mighty have fallen.

Haymarket2008

Again, at this point, all I can really hope for is a grand and appropriate refurb of SSE, Figment & Dreamfinder, American Adventure, and leaving Living With The Land IP free. The rest? Chapek has his sights set. It’s a shame I have to say it, but we all know MK 2.0 is coming and I’m going to hold on to these 4 hopes so that my sanity isn’t lost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom