Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

jt04

It was nice of someone to start a thread about this. Can we have a separate thread about his SEA comment and one about the Tower of Terror as well?

Could you elaborate on the SEA comment? Heard mention of it but not sure what it is in reference to.

lazyboy97o

Inside the magic said this:

Chapek talked about how the park will be going through a “major transformation” in the next couple of years. Mention was made of the park becoming “more Disney, timeless, relevant, family-friendly” while maintaining the original vision of the educationally-centered park.
Seeing as his statement is a contradictory mess of buzz words, why get excited? Is it his years of industry experience we're counting on?

Goofyernmost

We have been getting very confusing messages. Totally contradicting each other for a little while now. We are hearing, "pulling out the stops" and "think big". And the next paragraph we hear that they have cut budgets, trimmed down the BIG plans to save money, etc. Which of the two concepts is the truth? Cut Back and Think Big are not compatible statements. That is why I have decided to just wait and see what they do and not fret over it. What I think doesn't amount to a snowball in hell anyway, so why pretend it does.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It's becoming apparent that Chappie doesn't have a clear vision for the parks, unless it's merchandise related.

Hollywood Studios and Epcot are pale shadows of their former selves (and we keep changing our minds about what improvements are needed), but by God, we're okay because we issue a new MB every month.... :rolleyes:

Cmdr_Crimson

while maintaining the original vision of the educationally-centered park.

Umm...Let me just check this out...
seas.jpg
latest

50295.jpg

kronk.gif_zps0ivgpuey.png

Otterhead

Umm...Let me just check this out...

For the record, I don't think that the Nemo overlay significantly reduced the educational components of The Living Seas, or that Maelstrom or Rio del Tiempo were particularly "educational" in any way whatsoever. If anything, the Gran Fiesta Tour is closer to the spirit of Disney by bringing in characters they specifically created for Mexico rather than old tourist films from the 70s.

Bacon

Original Poster
For the record, I don't think that the Nemo overlay significantly reduced the educational components of The Living Seas, or that Maelstrom or Rio del Tiempo were particularly "educational" in any way whatsoever. If anything, the Gran Fiesta Tour is closer to the spirit of Disney by bringing in characters they specifically created for Mexico rather than old tourist films from the 70s.
Same with frozen cause It (sorta) keeps the feel of Norway it's not just troll troll troll oil rig

Seabasealpha1

Not all damage can be fixed I think grand fiesta tour makes learning about culture fun
Yeah...I guess...I love the movie...but the ride...it could just as well be those Lego figures from the Lego Movie yelling about "Taco Tuesday" while dancing and wearing sombreros...there's just nothing that educational about it...really, it's lame. (snicker...lame...snicker...duck..)

Otterhead

Could you elaborate on the SEA comment? Heard mention of it but not sure what it is in reference to.
It's in reference to the Society of Explorers and Adventurers, the loose storytelling mythology that Disney's been using to tie together the backstories of things like the Jungle Cruise, the Adventurer's Club, and other similar attractions. I'm very intrigued as to what they have in mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom