• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

Epcot_Imagineer

Advertisement
Are we expecting significant changes or expansion to the land or living seas? Both need work.
From what I can recall, the Land is getting a new movie to replace the Circle of Life movie, as well as some upgraded dining in the food court (someone correct me on that, may be remembering wrong). I haven't heard anything about the living seas, I'm assuming Chapek is good and satisfied with Nemo & Friends.

rle4lunch

From what I can recall, the Land is getting a new movie to replace the Circle of Life movie, as well as some upgraded dining in the food court (someone correct me on that, may be remembering wrong). I haven't heard anything about the living seas, I'm assuming Chapek is good and satisfied with Nemo & Friends.
it'd be nice to actually see a projection upgrade to nemo and friends. it's hard to see.

iHeartDisneylandCats

Proud Member Since 2016
I'm sure you'll still be able to hear it over Showcase Lagoon starting this October with Epcot Forever for a year before they hold it struggling under the water and drown it.
In all seriousness, they really should include part of the Innoventions loop in EPCOT Forever. It certainly isn't as iconic as other songs from the park, but it is quintessential EPCOT for many people.

HauntedPirate

Premium Member
Epcot is the Lynard Skynard of Theme Parks, 2 Original members from the opening lineup and is only attended now for nostalgia purposes. 😕
Don't get me going on Skynyrd... 😢 I was 5 when the plane crash happened and didn't even listen to them until my 20's but it's still hard to think of "what could have been". And I think they're down to 1 original member now.

Chapek couldn't find "theme" with a map and a GPS device.

MrPromey

Leave a Legacy was a bad idea...bad execution and they're just in the way. One thing that could have really helped was if they turned them all 90 degrees and allow people to walk between them. Right now they're just major barriers to traffic.
As someone who bought into this at the time and has a spot on it, I 100% agree. Would love to see them go just about anywhere else or just away.

If there's a need to keep the plaques, maybe they could mount them all across one of those walls in the front in a way that makes them look like they actually fill up the space and belong... and like they aren't a memorial to all of us who appear to have died there during the beginning of the new millennium.

Top Bottom