Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

jaklgreen

Am I the only person not bothered by the construction? I LOVE Epcot. It is my favorite park and I spend most of my trip there. But, I realize that things need to change and no one, not even Disney, has a real magic wand that can make things happen instantly. I find it funny that so many people complain about construction while out of the other side of their mouth they say they want improvements. Construction is going to happen. I get excited to see new things, even if they don't turn out to be my favorite, I still like to experience them.

trainplane3

Am I the only person not bothered by the construction? I LOVE Epcot. It is my favorite park and I spend most of my trip there. But, I realize that things need to change and no one, not even Disney, has a real magic wand that can make things happen instantly. I find it funny that so many people complain about construction while out of the other side of their mouth they say they want improvements. Construction is going to happen. I get excited to see new things, even if they don't turn out to be my favorite, I still like to experience them.
Construction is fine and so is change. It's the idea of getting rid of something and replacing with something else that is going to be less functional then what was there. Sure the table building is genuinely interesting looking but face it, it's going to be a limited use festival building that'll have upcharge for fireworks view. I'd be slightly more ok with it if it meant there would be substantially less booths eating up space in WS. I don't have a huge amount of love for the CC buildings but I can acknowledge they could've been reworked to be something great and modern looking. Could've probably stuck a second floor for some nice views too if they wanted.

The park is going to be a dirt pile (like DHS was) for the next 3 years.

@wdwmagic @The Mom Can we get this moved over to the Epcot section?

Last edited:

PB Watermelon

Construction is fine and so is change. It's the idea of getting rid of something and replacing with something else that is going to be less functional then what was there.

I wanted to full-on vomit after seeing Tiki Birds: Under New Management. When I heard it "caught fire" and was going to be restored back to what it was. I was thinking, "Uh, huh. Sure. It 'caught fire'. More like somebody went and torched the place as an affront to humanity and all life in the Universe."

Plussing means you make something better. You add something, you don't subtract from it, to quote good ol' John Lawless in The Happiest Millionaire. Whoever cooked up the Tiki Room overhaul in Orlando should have been thrown in a trunk and driven to an alligator farm so the reptiles could feast on their own.

aladdin2007

I wanted to full-on vomit after seeing Tiki Birds: Under New Management. When I heard it "caught fire" and was going to be restored back to what it was. I was thinking, "Uh, huh. Sure. It 'caught fire'. More like somebody went and torched the place as an affront to humanity and all life in the Universe."

Plussing means you make something better. You add something, you don't subtract from it, to quote good ol' John Lawless in The Happiest Millionaire. Whoever cooked up the Tiki Room overhaul in Orlando should have been thrown in a trunk and driven to an alligator farm so the reptiles could feast on their own.

:eek:wow you tellem!!!!!! though I don't disagree, I just wish they had really restored it to the original original, fountain and all. Right now I feel the same about the mess with France and IDF.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom