Boats still around Animal Kingdom?

tl77

Original Poster
I know when AK first opened there were boats that circled around Discovery Island, and I though they were discontinued, but I noticed on the a recent Google maps image that they are still being stored at their dock behind Dinoland. Do they still use them around the park? Or is there any plan to reinstate them as transportation system around AK once the Avatar area opens? Just curious

https://www.google.com/maps/@28.3566801,-81.5864657,79m/data=!3m1!1e3

Goofyernmost

I know when AK first opened there were boats that circled around Discovery Island, and I though they were discontinued, but I noticed on the a recent Google maps image that they are still being stored at their dock behind Dinoland. Do they still use them around the park? Or is there any plan to reinstate them as transportation system around AK once the Avatar area opens? Just curious

https://www.google.com/maps/@28.3566801,-81.5864657,79m/data=!3m1!1e3
Don't know about future plans, but they were a very short lived park of AK. About 9 months or so, if I remember correctly. They do use them occasionally (or did) to just cruise around with a musical group on board, no regular guests.

Cmdr_Crimson

I did see at one time a few of the Characters taking a ride as it made it's way back towards Everest..And one is Being used for Transportation on Bay Lake..
0.jpg

tl77

Original Poster
I was wondering because the walking paths around the perimeter of waters ways now are about 1 mile, and will be even longer when Avatar opens, but it's about the same distance around World Showcase lagoon which has the boats that cross it, and the same distance around MK which has the train track around it. Plus they will presumably be adding access to the water ways for viewing of the new night show, so though maybe there might be a return of the boats along with that, but I didn't know they had been sitting there all this time

doctornick

I was wondering because the walking paths around the perimeter of waters ways now are about 1 mile, and will be even longer when Avatar opens, but it's about the same distance around World Showcase lagoon which has the boats that cross it, and the same distance around MK which has the train track around it. Plus they will presumably be adding access to the water ways for viewing of the new night show, so though maybe there might be a return of the boats along with that, but I didn't know they had been sitting there all this time

Yeah, I think that it would make some sense to bring it back as transport given the size of the park. Maybe a shuttle between the new FOTLK part of Africa to Dinoland or between Asia and Pandora (once it is built). It would make as much sense as the boats in Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom