Boardwalk vs. Beach Club - putting aside Stormalong Bay

ToTBellHop

I strongly prefer BWI. Better Dining just outside your room, I love the boardwalk entertainment at night, better room refurbishment, far more whimsical theming (this is Disney World, right), closer walk to DHS if you exit at the main pool. They also just spent about 18 months refurbishing the entire exterior. It looks great! My ideal is to stay at BW and plan one meal at Beaches and Cream.

Simba's Mom

I've stayed at both, but I've only stayed at BW because I couldn't get the BC. And I don't swim, so Stormalong Bay holds no appeal to me. However, I find the BC much more relaxing, and I LOVE the background music (does anyone know where I can buy it?). I could sit in the Solarium for hours and chill. Oh wait-I have!

ToTBellHop

I've stayed at both, but I've only stayed at BW because I couldn't get the BC. And I don't swim, so Stormalong Bay holds no appeal to me. However, I find the BC much more relaxing, and I LOVE the background music (does anyone know where I can buy it?). I could sit in the Solarium for hours and chill. Oh wait-I have!
I’m sure it’s free on YouTube.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Spent more nights at both than I can count...my favorites (along with AKL and wilderness)...

Primary benefit to Boardwalk for me is the walk to MGM and the pool theme...always liked it.

Beach club has the proximity to the IG at Epcot.

I honestly spend a lot of time at both no matter which one is crash pad.

Dutch Inn '76

I would NEVER stay at Boardwalk compared to Yacht and Beach Club, just seems run down, carnival atmosphere and kind of cheap, I never ever get that feel at Beach or Yacht Club, you can always go visit Boardwalk its so close to Beach Club, but I would definitely stay at Beach Club

Yeah, to each their own. Boardwalk is my second favorite resort (Contemporary). I think YC & BC are boring. They look like an old folks' home to me.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'd say both are more subdued...but that's part of the design history...those were the first hotels built specifically with convention space in mind...they ditched the lodge building/grand lobby concept...then later picked it back up...

They are what they are...and that is in the absolute best locations

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom