Boardwalk question

mrerk

Premium Member
Original Poster
Is the parking lot directly in front of the resort restricted to resort guests?

The reason I ask is we are one of the few (it seems) who prefer to drive to the parks ourselves. Several times we would come back to the resort and either have to valet the car or park across the street because the main lot was full. Once Illuminations ended there would be a mass exodus of the parking lot and we would then move the car back to the main lot. We have since avoided staying there because of that. We would like to stay there again but don't want to deal with the parking situation. Have they done anything to address that? Last summer we stayed at BCV and drove by BW many times. It looked like the lot is now gated with card access but we never pulled in to try it.

Rob562

The last time I parked there (to actually eat/shop at the Boardwalk, not to just go into Epcot) there were three sections of the lot. One was the valet parking area, one was for visitors and one was for hotel Guests. I presume that once the visitor's lot is full they send the rest across the street. (And the visitor's lot didn't seem all that big)

-Rob

Pioneer Hall

Rob has it right. However, there really is nothing stopping a visitor from going to the resort guest lot area. Once the guard lets someone in, it is really on the honor system. However, when I stayed there in the past we always got a spot near the convention center where resort guests are supposed to park.

mrerk

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the replies, guys.

I hate the parking situation there but I love the location. I guess I'll have to give it another shot.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
This parking problem start once DVC stopped the free valet parking. Now a great number of DVC members are self parking putting the numbers using self parking over the number of spaces that where set up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom