Boardwalk Inn

Kellylynn322

I just booked a room at the Boardwalk Inn for November. Can anyone give me any info on the resort? I read that you can take a boat to EPCOT and MGM but can also walk to EPCOT. Any information would be great.

Tron

I'm headed to the Boardwalk as well, only in September. It is correct that you can take a boat to Epcot and MGM, and you can also walk to both parks (my personal preference).

Upvote 0

TinkerBell9988

The Boardwalk is in the center of almost all the action in WDW!!

Yes, you can walk to EPCOT and MGM as well (they just built a new pathway, but its extremely long...)

Check disneyworld.com for all the info you need.

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

I can always help with the food area of boardwalk...

if you are a sports fan, or someone in the family is, definatly go to ESPN club. good food, and AWSOME tv's. there are even tv's in the bathrooms!

the boardwalk bakery is really tasty, and in true disney fashion, very rich and chocolaty. mmmm. we would get one thing to split to eat on our way over to MGM or EPCOT in the morning.

make sure to be out on the boardwalk area about 9-10 pm. they have jugglers, musicains, games, and other such happenings going on out there, just like a real boardwalk. it is really entertaining.

have fun! I am really jealous, we had a great time there last summer. :)

oh, and there might be a band that walks around. made up of college students, they play about 4 or 5 times a day. theyare quite fun too!

Upvote 0

jaimjaim25

Oh the Boarkwalk Hotel is FUN! You can walk to Epcot (which is great!) and you can rent bikes and they have nice pools too. The boardwalk is realistic, as in atlantic city boarkwalk. (yes i live in NJ - the state that's filled with ocean resort towns and boardwalks :) You can also rent boats too!

Upvote 0

stepharoni

You're in a great location for Epcot and MGM. If nothing has changed, it is faster to take the boat to and from MGM, and from Epcot. The boat makes the circle towards MGM frist and then back around to other hotels and Epcot and then to Boardwalk again. I'd walk both ways to Epcot, unless you're just pooped. And you can also walk thru Epcot to take the monorail to Magic Kingdom. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

walking to Epcot

We are going to Disney World in December and staying at the Beach Club. From what I have read when you walk from there to Epcot you enter at the International Gateway next to France. May you enter that way before the World Showcase opens or is there some other way to get to Epcot?

Upvote 0

Kellylynn322

Original Poster
Originally posted by jaimjaim25
Oh the Boarkwalk Hotel is FUN! You can walk to Epcot (which is great!) and you can rent bikes and they have nice pools too. The boardwalk is realistic, as in atlantic city boarkwalk. (yes i live in NJ - the state that's filled with ocean resort towns and boardwalks :) You can also rent boats too!

Living in NJ myself I grew up on the boardwalk here. I can't wait to see Disney's take on the NJ boardwalk old style.

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

Re: walking to Epcot

Originally posted by Vernonpush
We are going to Disney World in December and staying at the Beach Club. From what I have read when you walk from there to Epcot you enter at the International Gateway next to France. May you enter that way before the World Showcase opens or is there some other way to get to Epcot?

even when the world showcase is closed, you can still use that gate. they rope off if you try to go right, into the showcase, so instead you walk by england and canada. and it is so less crowded getting in that way, since most people go to the main gates!

Upvote 0

jaimjaim25

That's a great plus staying at the Boardwalk just because you can walk into the world showcase part. I guess about 90% of people use the main enterence, so walking to Epcot from the Boardwalk is great! Also, leaving at night is a plus also. Not as many crowds trying to beat everyone out of the main gates. And you can hear all the music and see parts of the 'shows' on the way out :)

Upvote 0

mousecar

We love to stay at the Boardwalk. You can stay for Illuminations and not have to fight the crowds to the monorail on the way out-just walk right back to your hotel.

The odd thing about the Boardwalk is that the steps to the Boardwalk are at the center. We've gotten rooms near the ends (towards Atlantic Dance) and still have to walk to the center of the resort to get access to the Boardwalk. Why no stairs on the ends?

Make sure you request a Boardwalk view when you check in!

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

Originally posted by mousecar
We love to stay at the Boardwalk. You can stay for Illuminations and not have to fight the crowds to the monorail on the way out-just walk right back to your hotel.

The odd thing about the Boardwalk is that the steps to the Boardwalk are at the center. We've gotten rooms near the ends (towards Atlantic Dance) and still have to walk to the center of the resort to get access to the Boardwalk. Why no stairs on the ends?

Make sure you request a Boardwalk view when you check in!

ah yes. we had that same problem. my parents had a room right next to the elevators. but my sister an I had to walk down about 4 identical hallways to get to our room! definatly ask for a room near the center!

Upvote 0

Kellylynn322

Original Poster
Thanks for the help. I will ask for a room near the center. I booked a Standard room with the discount code. I think the Boardwalk views were more expensive. Maybe if they have an available room I can upgrade and pay the difference when I get there.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
We had a standard non-Boardwalk view room, but had a great view of Epcot...we could sit on the balcony and watch Illuminations every evening.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom