bluezoo reservations

mebucko

Original Poster
Hello!
Is it best to make reservations through the restaurant directly or through Disney Dining. I've been spot-checking dates in the Fall, and there seems to be no availability through the MDE site, on any dates I tried.
Also, we are not on a Disney Dining Plan, and were wondering if we could charge the meal to our Poly room?
Have read that this is one fantastic restaurant, and would love to give it a try!
Thanks, and Cheers!
Bill

mebucko

Original Poster
Hello!
Is it best to make reservations through the restaurant directly or through Disney Dining. I've been spot-checking dates in the Fall, and there seems to be no availability through the MDE site, on any dates I tried.
Also, we are not on a Disney Dining Plan, and were wondering if we could charge the meal to our Poly room?
Have read that this is one fantastic restaurant, and would love to give it a try!
Thanks, and Cheers!
Bill
Just for info-
I just called the restaurant and made the reservation direct. BTW, the meal cannot be charged to a Disney-owned hotel room.
If anyone has eaten there and can make a favorite food recommendation, we'd love to hear!
Thanks!
Cheers,
Bill

dreamfinder

The 2 or 3 times we have eaten there (my wife is a big fan of seafood) I think there were maybe 5-6 tables occupied. Now admittedly we tend to eat earlier in the day than most people staying at Swolphin may (lots of conventioneers). So if you are trying for 8-9 it may be much more crowded. She has enjoyed everything she has had, last trip she got the 2lb Cantonese lobster. Normally she would thumb her nose at that since she like her lobster unadulterated, but she liked it alot.

mebucko

Original Poster
The 2 or 3 times we have eaten there (my wife is a big fan of seafood) I think there were maybe 5-6 tables occupied. Now admittedly we tend to eat earlier in the day than most people staying at Swolphin may (lots of conventioneers). So if you are trying for 8-9 it may be much more crowded. She has enjoyed everything she has had, last trip she got the 2lb Cantonese lobster. Normally she would thumb her nose at that since she like her lobster unadulterated, but she liked it alot.
Thanks, dreamfinder!
We now have 5:30 reservations, so there shouldn't be a crowd. Much appreciate the info - agree with your wife about "lobster-pure"!
We are looking forward to it.
Thanks again, and Cheers!
Bill

Mukta

I ate there in Feb 2014. The food was great and the service was superb. I can't remember what I had, but here are a few pics. I couldn't finish my truffle desserts, so they gave them to me in a to go cup to enjoy while I walked around WDW.

IMG_4668_zps14a8aae9.jpg

IMG_4669_zps1b440501.jpg

The lighting was beautiful

IMG_4666_zpsa20c7616.jpg

mebucko

Original Poster
I ate there in Feb 2014. The food was great and the service was superb. I can't remember what I had, but here are a few pics. I couldn't finish my truffle desserts, so they gave them to me in a to go cup to enjoy while I walked around WDW.

IMG_4668_zps14a8aae9.jpg

IMG_4669_zps1b440501.jpg

The lighting was beautiful

IMG_4666_zpsa20c7616.jpg
Hi Mukta,
WOW!!
Thank you so much for the reply and wonderful photos!
Beautiful!!
We can't wait - 200 wake-ups!
Have a great weekend!
Cheers,
Bill

SeanWM48

ate there in '13 and loved it. expensive but worth it as a special night. pic of food, if i recall this was swordfish (closer to camera) and lobster (on left).
I also had flowers ordered for the table and they were waiting for us on time when we arrived. very accommodating and very nice people there. no complaints.
993667_10100940425411920_3581889_n.jpg

edit -- found a pic of the flowers too. a halloween themed rose setup. everybody was asking about it. excellent floral department really
995888_10151971592010056_490814451_n.jpg

mebucko

Original Poster
ate there in '13 and loved it. expensive but worth it as a special night. pic of food, if i recall this was swordfish (closer to camera) and lobster (on left).
I also had flowers ordered for the table and they were waiting for us on time when we arrived. very accommodating and very nice people there. no complaints.

edit -- found a pic of the flowers too. a halloween themed rose setup. everybody was asking about it. excellent floral department really

Hi SeanWM48,
What a special night that must have been!
Thanks for the reply and great photos! A really imaginative flower display! ( from the Haunted Mansion dining room table??)
So glad we're going there!
Cheers,
Bill

PMC0849

I have eaten at Bluezoo twice now, in my opinion it is the best seafood restaurant in WDW. I can't remember what I had off the top of my head, but we went with a party of 7 January of 2014, and everybody loved what they had. Just thinking about it, maybe I will make reservations there for my next trip...

mebucko

Original Poster
I have eaten at Bluezoo twice now, in my opinion it is the best seafood restaurant in WDW. I can't remember what I had off the top of my head, but we went with a party of 7 January of 2014, and everybody loved what they had. Just thinking about it, maybe I will make reservations there for my next trip...
Good Evening, PMC084!
Thanks so much for the reply! We love seafood and the menu seems so diverse and different than the standard treatment! Also, an easy walk back to EPCOT to burn off some of those calories.
Have a great weekend!
Cheers,
Bill

SeanWM48

Thanks for the reply and great photos! A really imaginative flower display! ( from the Haunted Mansion dining room table??)
i appreciate the kind words. that is a good question. this was the fall of '13 and it was some kind of 'haunted rose' setup that you could order through the floral department and have delivered anywhere you wish. most people have them sent to the room. i do not know if they still offer this specific piece; they always have lots of seasonal options though

JusticeDisney

I, too, have eaten at Blue Zoo. What can I say other than you are absolutely going to love it. We had a party of about 6 or 7, and although I can't remember what everyone had, I can tell you that everyone raved about it. I agree with the poster who said its the best seafood anywhere in WDW.

Oh, and going at 5:30, it will be relatively empty so you will have a very peaceful and relaxing dinner.

Outstanding choice! Enjoy to the fullest!

mebucko

Original Poster
I, too, have eaten at Blue Zoo. What can I say other than you are absolutely going to love it. We had a party of about 6 or 7, and although I can't remember what everyone had, I can tell you that everyone raved about it. I agree with the poster who said its the best seafood anywhere in WDW.

Oh, and going at 5:30, it will be relatively empty so you will have a very peaceful and relaxing dinner.

Outstanding choice! Enjoy to the fullest!
Thanks, JusticeDisney!
From all your reviews, looks like it might become a "tradition" in the future. Its got everything going for it!
We really appreciate your input!
Cheers,
Bill

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom