Bluezoo question

GeoDonJac34

Original Poster
I am thinking about eating here on our next trip in August and have a question about the menus. I see that there is a restaurant menu and a lounge menu and was wondering if you can order from lounge menu at the restaurant. My son and his girlfriend are with us and I think they would prefer ordering from the lounge. Thanks for any help.

BASS

I've been to Bluezoo on multiple occasions. It's probably my favorite restaurant at Disney.

I think they'll likely accommodate.

However, in my experience, the plates tend to be on the smaller side. It's a good place to select several appetizers for the table and share. Same for dessert. IMO, if they simply order something from the lounge, they likely won't enjoy the experience. Unless of course they simply want to sit at the bar and have a quiet night for themselves.

Janir

Never heard of Bluezoo until this thread. Then when I looked up that its in the Dolphin and then I see why. Always sort of blocked out Swan and Dolphin as anywhere to go to as they were sort of not actually part of WDW. Now looking at the page for it, it defintely looks pretty nice and I'll have to put it on the eventual want to do list at WDW.

Martha46

I am thinking about eating here on our next trip in August and have a question about the menus. I see that there is a restaurant menu and a lounge menu and was wondering if you can order from lounge menu at the restaurant. My son and his girlfriend are with us and I think they would prefer ordering from the lounge. Thanks for any help.
You can eat from the full menu in the lounge. as well as from the lounge menu. We do it all the time.

GeoDonJac34

Original Poster
You can eat from the full menu in the lounge. as well as from the lounge menu. We do it all the time.
Thanks for the info. I had a feeling that it would not be a problem considering the food is probably all coming from the same kitchen. I'm trying to find some new restaurants, to us, that everyone will enjoy. Thanks to everyone for responding.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Never heard of Bluezoo until this thread. Then when I looked up that its in the Dolphin and then I see why. Always sort of blocked out Swan and Dolphin as anywhere to go to as they were sort of not actually part of WDW. Now looking at the page for it, it defintely looks pretty nice and I'll have to put it on the eventual want to do list at WDW.

You wont be disappointed if you like good seafood. They dont participate in the Disney Dining Plan so they are not cutting costs with their ingredients.

Martha46

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling that it would not be a problem considering the food is probably all coming from the same kitchen. I'm trying to find some new restaurants, to us, that everyone will enjoy. Thanks to everyone for responding.
They will allow lounge menu items in the main dining room if it is a larger party.

christine7257

You can definitely order from the full dining room menu in the lounge. The opposite I wouldn’t necessarily count on. I have been able to at least twice but it’s been a while (we wanted crab nachos but were also ordering regular entrees, cocktails and bottle of wine) ... each time it was framed as something the chef didn’t like to do, they’d check, and when they ultimately agreed we were told it was an exception. I think one time the GM had to come over. Bluezoo is amazing and certainly worth a visit. For what it’s worth, I like sitting in the lounge. Enjoy!

christine7257

As I read it, the OP wants to eat in the restaurant, but order from the lounge menu. I'm not entirely sure this is possible.
Yes, agree. I probably didn’t phrase my reply well. I have been able to order off the lounge menu in the dining room (along with regular entrees and wine) 2 or 3 times but each time they kinda made it seem like a big deal and they were really doing us a favor. You get access to both menus in the lounge, which is more than just bar stools. Either way, a great spot!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Il Mulino at the Swan is the best Italian Restaurant in all of WDW. And yet guests clamor to get into Mamma Melrose, the Olive Garden of Italian restaurants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom