Blue main gate pass

RWilliams

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm posting this question on behalf of a friend, I told him I always get excellent and quick answers here on WDWMagic:D

We've been looking all over the hub and can't find the answer. Does his blue main gate pass allow for unlimited (subject to black out dates of course) park admissions to all parks except Tokyo for him and his wife and then 12 visits for his additional 3 guests. Or do visits to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris by him and his wife count toward the 12 allowed visits? We don't see any mention of the 12 visits on the hub but he says he thought they mentioned that in Traditions. Any insight on to how the pass works would be great. :D

coasterphil

All the information he needs should be under the Work tab on The Hub.

He'll have to use his maingate whenever he brings his wife and that will deduct from his 12 visits. Everytime he brings a guest to any Disney park it takes a visit off the maingate, doesn't matter which park it is.

Sir Hiss527

Using his maingate at Disbeyland, or overseas does not count towards the 12 times at WDW, because the two systems are not the same. But yes unfortunetley it doesn't get him into Tokyo.

coasterphil

Using his maingate at Disbeyland, or overseas does not count towards the 12 times at WDW, because the two systems are not the same. But yes unfortunetley it doesn't get him into Tokyo.

This information is totally incorrect. You only get 12 admissions to Disney Parks. There is no distinction made from park to park.

kcw

This information is totally incorrect. You only get 12 admissions to Disney Parks. There is no distinction made from park to park.

except for the fact that I go to Disneyland with my MG (and take friends) all the time, and I don't have a single use on my MG. :D Take that back, I used it once at WDW, so there's 1 use. It's kinda one of those unspoken things, DLR doesn't take uses off of WDW passes, and WDW doesn't take uses off of DLR passes. Now the overseas part, I'm not sure about, never been.

ImaYoyo

Actually the other two are correct. In theory they should be comming off. But DL and WDW don't use the same ticketing system, nor do they use the same peoplesoft systems, so the admissions at DL aren't properly tracked. I've been to DL 6 times without a single one showing up on my maingate (not that it matters, I'm not limited...)

coasterphil

I apologize for giving the wrong information, they don't include that little secret in the official usage guidelines that they tell/send you.

I'm surprised Disney hasn't done anything to change that yet though. They go out of their way to place restrictions and rules on everything else that you'd think they'd find a way to work around the fact that the systems are different.

ImaYoyo

I apologize for giving the wrong information, they don't include that little secret in the official usage guidelines that they tell/send you.

I'm surprised Disney hasn't done anything to change that yet though. They go out of their way to place restrictions and rules on everything else that you'd think they'd find a way to work around the fact that the systems are different.
It happens. It's very much a "dont ask, don't tell" scenario.

jiminy.cricket

Hi, does anyone have the number I should call for the maingate blue pass? I'm seasonal and I was told my pass would be mailed to me but it hasn't been.

kcw

Hi, does anyone have the number I should call for the maingate blue pass? I'm seasonal and I was told my pass would be mailed to me but it hasn't been.

I don't know the number off-hand, but I know there's a link on the portal where you can request to have it sent to you. Also know that if you haven't worked yet this year, they won't send it until you do

Iknewagirlnamed

Is the blue main gate pass for use of your friends, or your friends and yourself? I thought being a Disney employee you were allowed unlimited admission to the parks

jiminy.cricket

Hey, thanks, guys. I tried calling and finding the office last time I was there but I wasn't sure where to go. In any case, I won't be able to get back to Florida anytime in the near future so I guess it doesn't matter. Can we use our work IDs at Disney parks outside of Florida or only the Blue Pass?

(iknewagirlnamed: the Blue Pass is just for you to take friends to the parks in Florida, but it might be required for parks outside of Florida)

ImaYoyo

Hey, thanks, guys. I tried calling and finding the office last time I was there but I wasn't sure where to go. In any case, I won't be able to get back to Florida anytime in the near future so I guess it doesn't matter. Can we use our work IDs at Disney parks outside of Florida or only the Blue Pass?

(iknewagirlnamed: the Blue Pass is just for you to take friends to the parks in Florida, but it might be required for parks outside of Florida)
Unfortunately only the maingate. IDs won't work outside of FL parks unless that particular park is your home park.

disney9752

Actually the other two are correct. In theory they should be comming off. But DL and WDW don't use the same ticketing system, nor do they use the same peoplesoft systems, so the admissions at DL aren't properly tracked. I've been to DL 6 times without a single one showing up on my maingate (not that it matters, I'm not limited...)

ahh the good old days of paper tix & the maingate had 12 little blocks that were stamped each time it was used, all 12 used, no more use. even way back when it was only 3x a quarter..:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom