Blue Bayou -- Monte Cristo

Otterhead

Original Poster
Can anyone confirm the status of the Monte Cristo sandwich at Blue Bayou these days?

I'm going there in November and have seen notes on various Disney boards saying that it's either no longer offered at all, is only offered during lunch, or is a "secret menu item" available on request (which seems bizarre, since it's the thing most people associate with Blue Bayou). It currently appears on the online lunch menu, so I'm a bit confused as to its status.

thomas998

It's a lunch only item. Likely removed from the dinner menu because it was the cheapest option available. I think it is safe to assume that Disney doesn't want to give you a 28 dollar option for dinner every other option with protein would cost you about 10 to 20 dollar more. Just try to go there for lunch. I can't justify going there for dinner because they are way to pricey for what you are really getting.

180º

Last time I ate at Blue Bayou, the Monte Cristo did not appear on the menu (to my horror). But it turns out our menus were supposed to contain an insert with the Monte Cristo listed on it, and by mistake we didn’t get the insert. I’m guessing they are streamlining the menu so that it’s the same for lunch and dinner, and then at dinner they just take out the inserts.

Long story short, we were still be able to order the Monte Cristo for lunch, and our server assured us there are no plans to take it off the menu. :)

Otterhead

Original Poster
It's still offered at Blue Bayou, but get it at Cafe Orleans. It's cheaper and it's offered throughout the day.
Thanks, I would actually much rather go there myself, but some of my traveling companions are dead set on going to the Blue Bayou for lunch (both for the Monte Cristo and the atmosphere) so I just want to make sure they won't be too disappointed.

Otterhead

Original Poster
I’m guessing they are streamlining the menu so that it’s the same for lunch and dinner, and then at dinner they just take out the inserts.
Weirdly, the editor at (a competitor site that I'm apparently not allowed to name here) says: "Blue Bayou is now an all-day menu, so it’s the dinner menu only and no Monte Cristo." He's claiming that they removed it from all menus, but perhaps, like you, he didn't get the special insert for lunch.

thomas998

Weirdly, the editor at (a competitor site that I'm apparently not allowed to name here) says: "Blue Bayou is now an all-day menu, so it’s the dinner menu only and no Monte Cristo." He's claiming that they removed it from all menus, but perhaps, like you, he didn't get the special insert for lunch.
I think he is misinformed. You can still get both the lunch and dinner menu online from the Disney site and its like most places in Disney significantly more expensive for dinner items than for lunch. Which always boggles my mind as I tend to eat more at lunch than dinner so never quite understood the concept of larger dinners than lunches.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom