BlT or AKL in February

DisneyNanna26

Original Poster
Hi. I currently have a studio at Kidani. Savanna view. Now I am second guessing due to winter early sunset and chilly weather and considering changing to BLT. My mom is 73 and coming with us. What are your thoughts? Any advice? Thanks

MorphinePrince

Hi. I currently have a studio at Kidani. Savanna view. Now I am second guessing due to winter early sunset and chilly weather and considering changing to BLT. My mom is 73 and coming with us. What are your thoughts? Any advice? Thanks
We've stayed at both and I really cannot recommend BLT over Kidani. First, the BLT studios are smaller than Kidani, so you feel more cramped (at least we did) and the decor is rather bland. Even with the potential for cool evenings, you'll still get enjoyment of the savannah; and there is the potential it could be sunny and in the 80's, if you're a pool person the Kidani pool is leaps and bounds better than BLT which I found to be super small. And while I haven't been to Kidani since the pandemic, the entire resort felt "alive" with various things happening in the lobby and surrounding area, BLT was rather lifeless. I find the quick service at Animal Kingdom Lodge superior to Contemo Cafe, which isn't bad by any means, just nothing special. The only reason I would switch from Kidani to BLT is if you plan to spend copious amounts of time at either Magic Kingdom or Epcot, since both are easily accessible.

UNCgolf

The only reason I can think of to ever stay at Bay Lake Tower over Animal Kingdom Lodge is that you want to be able to walk to the Magic Kingdom. Well, that or just having monorail access to MK and EPCOT.

Everything else about AKL is much better than BLT.

RememberWhen

We just booked rooms at Kidani for late February. For information, the Kidani pool will be closed Jan-Apr 2022 for refurbishment.
We were also debating BLT or AKL and landed on Kidani for the animals, but we’re just there for the weekend and might not be doing parks. If we were there longer/going to MK we would probably have landed on BLT

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom