Blockouts, Main Gate, Resort Guest, Planning

surfsupdon

Original Poster
So I am going to Disney for a quick few days (Feb 26-March 2) and staying at Pop with my AP. My best friend, who has his main gate pass, is on my reservation and we are properly linked. So he is now a Disney Resort Guest.

I booked my park reservations. His pass is apparently blocked after Feb 13 so I cannot book him park days. Wouldn’t him being a Disney Resort Guest allow me to book his parks? If not, do we think the blackouts will be lifted? If so, how far out?

Can anyone help shed some light please? Encourage me.

MarvelCharacterNerd

If I'm understanding correctly, if your friend's pass is blocked then you're essentially trying to book a park reservation without a ticket (pass). So unless the pass gets unblocked those days, it doesn't matter that you're both staying at the hotel, he still doesn't have a functioning ticket/pass to go to a park and you can't book a reservation (from my understanding) unless valid ticket media is attached to that reservation.

So either he needs to buy a ticket for that day, in which case you can connect that purchased ticket to a reservation (from the Hotel guest 'bucket' of reservations), or you have to wait and see if he gets unblocked on his pass and then can add a park reservation to the pass at that point.

Hope that makes sense. I think you're trying to make a reservation when he doesn't have a ticket to get in.

surfsupdon

Original Poster
If I'm understanding correctly, if your friend's pass is blocked then you're essentially trying to book a park reservation without a ticket (pass). So unless the pass gets unblocked those days, it doesn't matter that you're both staying at the hotel, he still doesn't have a functioning ticket/pass to go to a park and you can't book a reservation (from my understanding) unless valid ticket media is attached to that reservation.

So either he needs to buy a ticket for that day, in which case you can connect that purchased ticket to a reservation (from the Hotel guest 'bucket' of reservations), or you have to wait and see if he gets unblocked on his pass and then can add a park reservation to the pass at that point.

Hope that makes sense. I think you're trying to make a reservation when he doesn't have a ticket to get in.
Thank you. It does make sense, but it also does not. Haha. I understand what you are saying, but I do not understand why his pass could not unblock itself now that he is a Disney Resort Guest. But I digress.

Moving forward, I hope the pass gets unblocked. I did my research, and the main gate passes have been unblocked (except on Saturdays) for the majority of days! But Disnmey is updating these blocks not on my preferred time frme. Ha!

Thank you!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Thank you. It does make sense, but it also does not. Haha. I understand what you are saying, but I do not understand why his pass could not unblock itself now that he is a Disney Resort Guest. But I digress.

Moving forward, I hope the pass gets unblocked. I did my research, and the main gate passes have been unblocked (except on Saturdays) for the majority of days! But Disnmey is updating these blocks not on my preferred time frme. Ha!

Thank you!

The resort stay is a separate purchase (or entitlement) than the park admission. You have to have two items to get in a park: a park reservation and a park admission. The park reservation allocation has a pool associated with resort stay.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Thank you. It does make sense, but it also does not. Haha. I understand what you are saying, but I do not understand why his pass could not unblock itself now that he is a Disney Resort Guest.
Your AP doesn't 'unblock' itself on days you are blocked out from the parks just because you get a hotel room. Paying for a hotel room isn't paying for a park ticket. It is providing a better chance at a park reservation once you have a valid park ticket.

In order to go to the parks, you need as noted above: a reservation (which you can get out of the hotel reservation block) AND a valid park ticket or pass. Your friend doesn't have a valid ticket/pass to the park on those days, so you can't make their reservation.

surfsupdon

Original Poster
I hope I will be able to soon. Anyone have anything positive to tell me? Like relax, don’t worry, they will lift blocks for late feb/ early March?

MarvelCharacterNerd

Maybe? :) (Honestly, they probably will - that's before Spring Break, right? So it should be less crowded and therefore more space for CM's to get in to visit.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom