Blizzard Beach or typhoon Lagoon?

Typhoon lagoon or Blizzard Beach?

• Total voters

LUVofDIS

For me, it is Typhoon, the only thing I like better at Blizzard is Summit Plummit. For kids, Blizzard Beach probably has better theming. The wave pool Typhoon is much more intense, Blizzard's is a lapping wave.

I also like the lazy river at Typhoon better, I don't know why, I just do.

Now only if Miss Tilly would spout water, why can't they fix that? The park would be perfect than, well they would need to bring back Shark Reef also.

lawdogNOLA

Which is best with children and adults? We will only be able to visit one

The ages of the kids is useful. If they're tykes, and not tall enough to ride the regular rides, BB has a better kid area, although Typhoon Lagoon's kid's area isn't bad.

We like Typhoon Lagoon better. In addition to the whole Typhoon theming, it just has a Beach Movie/Surf's Up vibe that just fits very well. It feels more "beachie" than BB does. BB has some nice rides, the chairlift. From a technical standpoint, BB is superior in many ways, with probably better slides and rides on the whole than Typhoon Lagoon. But the beach vibe and wave pool at TL is just better, IMHO. BB's big pool has bobbing waves the whole time, that's it. But TL alternates, and the big waves are just fun to watch and witness, even if you're not right up getting the brunt of the wave.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Two different parks that in some ways cater to two different types of experiences. I don't think one is better then the other.
Blizzard beach has better water slides, and Typhoon lagoon has a much better wave pool.

From what I know, it seems Typhoon lagoon is a more popular destination. In googling which one to do for our trip, it seems that if want the wave pool experience with some slides, then Typhoon lagoon. Otherwise opt for Blizzard beach

crxbrett

Having been to both, I think I much prefer Typhoon Lagoon. Blizzard Beach is probably more unique with theming and of course has the awesome Summit Plummet, but I feel like Typhoon Lagoon offers more of a complete experience for me personally. And like lawdog mentioned, it has that whole beach/surf vibe type of atmosphere, which I love being from southern California. And nothing beats the thrill of hearing the horn toot and then seeing the wave come out of the huge wall! Always an awesome rush!

By the way, here's a cool video about how the wave machine works at Typhoon lagoon:

Last edited:

Bairstow

Blizzard has better slides, but Typhoon has a wider variety of water-based attractions, a much better wave pool, and has far more successful themeing. Of the two, Typhoon is certainly the more pleasant place to spend the day. If you've only got time for one and haven't been to either before, go there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom