Blaze Pizza opening in May 2016 at Disney Springs

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Didn't you say you frequent Buffalo occassionally? There are. Few of these type places here already. Nothing beats WNY pizza though :).
I have never had pizza in Buffalo.

Our first night's dinner is usually at one of the Salvatore's, depending whose hotel we stayed at - 2/3 @ Joe's, 1/3 @ Russell's.

Our second night's dinner is divided between Olive Garden (my preference, don't judge me) and Famous Dave's.

bhg469

I have never had pizza in Buffalo.

Our first night's dinner is usually at one of the Salvatore's, depending whose hotel we stayed at - 2/3 @ Joe's, 1/3 @ Russell's.

Our second night's dinner is divided between Olive Garden (my preference, don't judge me) and Famous Dave's.
Please go to Kentucky Greg's for bbq. Its a small place and they aren't open Sunday's but it's the real deal and it's fantastic!!

Its also pretty close to the mall.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Please go to Kentucky Greg's for bbq. Its a small place and they aren't open Sunday's but it's the real deal and it's fantastic!!

Its also pretty close to the mall.
Thank you for the intell, I'll mention it to Hubby.
4.7 stars/77 reviews. That's pretty impressive.

Jon81uk

Does anyone know what is included here for the QS dining plan? Pizza, drink & dessert? And can you sub the dessert for anything? Thanks!

As far as i know the only snack options are desserts and drinks so you might be able to sub the dessert for a second drink but there are no savoury sides.

roj2323

I tried Blaze today and I have to say they make a darn good pizza. The pizza is plenty large enough for 2 people btw so save some bucks and share. I also tried their key lime lemonade and a fountain root beer which I had never seen the brand before and both were great. Total out the door for a build your own pizza and a drink was $15.

djkidkaz

I tried Blaze today and I have to say they make a darn good pizza. The pizza is plenty large enough for 2 people btw so save some bucks and share. I also tried their key lime lemonade and a fountain root beer which I had never seen the brand before and both were great. Total out the door for a build your own pizza and a drink was $15.

Yep it's a fantastic deal. It's making it hard for me to shell out cash for some of the other places. My wife got a dluxe burger and drink the other day and it was $17. As you said for $15 I can get a meal for two people to share or a meal for one that I can save half and make a second meal out of it later.

Jon81uk

Yep it's a fantastic deal. It's making it hard for me to shell out cash for some of the other places. My wife got a dluxe burger and drink the other day and it was $17. As you said for $15 I can get a meal for two people to share or a meal for one that I can save half and make a second meal out of it later.

I'm assuming she didn't get soda then at D-Luxe? Soda are pretty much the same price at Blaze and D-Luxe, about $3 and the burgers at D-Luxe are $10-13 so $17 sounds high. I agree the burgers seem a little expensive but considering the "Disney tax" it isn't too bad. Yes a pizza is easier to split than a burger, but the burger has more meat (and likely better quality) compared to a pizza which has more bread.

roj2323

I'm assuming she didn't get soda then at D-Luxe? Soda are pretty much the same price at Blaze and D-Luxe, about $3 and the burgers at D-Luxe are $10-13 so $17 sounds high. I agree the burgers seem a little expensive but considering the "Disney tax" it isn't too bad. Yes a pizza is easier to split than a burger, but the burger has more meat (and likely better quality) compared to a pizza which has more bread.
She likely got fries or another side which explains the price difference. Also with the Blaze build your own pizza you can pile on enough meat to feed an army if you want. The ingredients are fairly high quality in general so it's simply a preference. Besides $17 for one person (burger, fries&drink) verses $18 for 2 people (pizza & 2 drinks) is really not a fair comparison.

JUFL2019

She likely got fries or another side which explains the price difference. Also with the Blaze build your own pizza you can pile on enough meat to feed an army if you want. The ingredients are fairly high quality in general so it's simply a preference. Besides $17 for one person (burger, fries&drink) verses $18 for 2 people (pizza & 2 drinks) is really not a fair comparison.
A burger, large fry, and drink at dlux is $21 before tax.

I will admit: I did not read every post in this thread. Hopefully this wasn't already discussed, BUT...
We have enjoyed the pizzas at Wolfgang Puck Express in the past (I love the BBQ chicken pizza). How would you guys compare the WP pizza to Blaze?
Also, We ate at Via Napoli on our most recent trip. My family enjoyed the pizzas there. Is that the sort of "theme park pizza" that you guys are talking about, or pizza at some counter service? Just wondering how Blaze compares to Napoli...

Jon81uk

I will admit: I did not read every post in this thread. Hopefully this wasn't already discussed, BUT...
We have enjoyed the pizzas at Wolfgang Puck Express in the past (I love the BBQ chicken pizza). How would you guys compare the WP pizza to Blaze?
Also, We ate at Via Napoli on our most recent trip. My family enjoyed the pizzas there. Is that the sort of "theme park pizza" that you guys are talking about, or pizza at some counter service? Just wondering how Blaze compares to Napoli...

Blaze is different, it's less Italian than Via Napoli, but thinner and crispier than Disney pizza. I don't remember WPE pizza well enough but that was more Italian in style as well I think.

Blaze is excellent though, nice and very crisp, little bit of char on the base and all the toppings you want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom