Blaming Covid......c'mon now DL

NickMaio

Original Poster
https:///2021/08/disney-ends-happiest-class-on-earth-program-ks1/

Cutting something that genuinely made an impact in the California community, that us really crummy DL.
I hope they start something else like it soon or on the WDW coast.
Getting students involved is getting harder and harder, incentives like these make sense.
After all, as adults we don't work for free.

It was great that they had something like this in the first place....but to beam covid seems like a great cop-out.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
This is being discussed on the Disneyland Forum. But you are right.

Goofyernmost

https:///2021/08/disney-ends-happiest-class-on-earth-program-ks1/

Cutting something that genuinely made an impact in the California community, that us really crummy DL.
I hope they start something else like it soon or on the WDW coast.
Getting students involved is getting harder and harder, incentives like these make sense.
After all, as adults we don't work for free.

It was great that they had something like this in the first place....but to beam covid seems like a great cop-out.
Or right now, that might be the right thing to do. Nobody is more suspicious of any of Disney's motivations, but in our present world this seems like the right thing to do. Now if it never returns, I will have to change my opinion.

JIMINYCR

This was tied to students who volunteered and learned to give of themselves which is a great thing to teach. We have too many people who only think of themselves and what’s in it for them. I agree Disney should have honored their commitment and kept the program going for the length of time they set up for. But the ultimate goal wasn’t to get something in return but to give of oneself charitably. The incentive Disney offered certainly sweetened the pot to work for it but not as much of a reward as feeling you’ve contributed to society or community you live in. Disney has historically given back to many many worthy individuals and programs.

NickMaio

Original Poster
In 2019 Disney donated over $300million to charity, provided over 600,000 hours of volunteer work, and paid for 12,000 employee’s college courses. Still more?
Do some math...what percentage is 300million of 65 billion?

You might be impressed, but we have provincial companies that donate and give more back to their communities.

spock8113

"600,000 hours of volunteer work"
How much of that is the Disney College Program. What they are paid is nearly voluntary status.
"12,000 employees college courses" or is it 12,000 college courses? What is Disney's average course tuition consideration? They may consider $300 per credit from a bygone cost era. Why not just list the amount rather than shade it in vagaries?
And is the $300 million inclusive of all the above mentioned? Large corporations have a way of using general terminology to muddy the financial donation waters. With the present management, I am skeptical where "Disney" has become a share-holders protection team not a team to protect "affordable family fun." Like so many so-called business people, public relations and corporate perception is where gobs of money are spent to make themselves look.............."supercalifragilisticexpealidocius"

castlecake2.0

"600,000 hours of volunteer work"
How much of that is the Disney College Program. What they are paid is nearly voluntary status.
"12,000 employees college courses" or is it 12,000 college courses? What is Disney's average course tuition consideration? They may consider $300 per credit from a bygone cost era. Why not just list the amount rather than shade it in vagaries?
And is the $300 million inclusive of all the above mentioned? Large corporations have a way of using general terminology to muddy the financial donation waters. With the present management, I am skeptical where "Disney" has become a share-holders protection team not a team to protect "affordable family fun." Like so many so-called business people, public relations and corporate perception is where gobs of money are spent to make themselves look.............."supercalifragilisticexpealidocius"
Ok then,
Those volunteer hours have no relation to the college program. It’s 12,000 employees programs. The $300,000 is in kind gifts and donations, separate from the other items listed above.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom