Blackout Dates

tribbleorlfl

Original Poster
I mentioned in other threads, but we were this >< close to not renewing our AP's last month due to the dramatic price increase and declining value. In the end, we decided to drop down to Gold and see if we missed Going during the blackout weeks.

Anyhoo, for some reason I thought the blackouts were the first two weeks of April and I wanted to hit up the parks one last time this weekend before they kicked in. I tried to make FP selections but it kept saying I didn't have valid admission.

I know now the blackout starts Sat the 19-April 1. Not a big deal, but it was driving me crazy because my Gold pass was showing up as being active and expiring next February.

Just want to caution everyone that there is NOTHING in My Disney Experience that shows blackout dates; you have to remember to check a separate calendar. I recommended to the tech support person that helped me with my blunder that this would be a helpful feature since Disney wants us to use MDE for everything WDW-related. She agreed, likening Blackout dates to the fore-mentioned expiration date of passes, a piece of info that wasn't in MDE until recently. Said she would forward on the suggestion.

FrostyNaples

I printed the Calendar PDF for Gold (renewing from seasonal in May). For us, its an upgrade, as now summer is no longer blocked off. All other dates (Christmas-new years + spring break) all remain the same as we had.

Looking forward to the unlimited photo passes, we always bought the Memory Maker, save a ton of cashola now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom