Black Tap Anaheim is rolling out a vegan CrazyShake on Feb. 1 at Downtown Disney - OCR/SCNG

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

>>One of the most popular milkshake makers in the world is now offering a vegan version.

Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer, famous for serving its signature CrazyShakes with outrageous toppings, will add The Vegan Black ‘N White CakeShake to its menu beginning Monday, Jan. 27 at all New York City stores, in Las Vegas and in select international locations. It will come to Black Tap Anaheim in Downtown Disney on Saturday, Feb. 1.<<

PiratesMansion

>>One of the most popular milkshake makers in the world is now offering a vegan version.

Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer, famous for serving its signature CrazyShakes with outrageous toppings, will add The Vegan Black ‘N White CakeShake to its menu beginning Monday, Jan. 27 at all New York City stores, in Las Vegas and in select international locations. It will come to Black Tap Anaheim in Downtown Disney on Saturday, Feb. 1.<<

Sounds interesting. How are the CrazyShakes? Are they as good as advertised, or are they overhyped and overpriced monstrosities (a la the ones at Toothsome's at Universal Orlando)?

DanielBB8

The shakes are absolutely delicious. Get the large onion rings too. Get one to share because it's way too big to finish on your own. I hesitate on getting the vegan unless you really have to. I mean, you're vegan. Own it. Vegan versions are usually terrible tasting. It's like burning $15 to satisfy a craving that a vegan shouldn't have.

NobodyElse

Okay, on one hand, they took the literary cop-out: "one of the". Technically, almost any maker of milkshakes would qualify, depending on how inclusive you want to be.

Now, let's look at the term "popular":
Definition of popular

1: of or relating to the general public
2: suitable to the majority: such as
a: adapted to or indicative of the understanding and taste of the majority (a popular history of the war)
b: suited to the means of the majority : INEXPENSIVE (sold at popular prices)
3: frequently encountered or widely accepted (a popular theory)
4: commonly liked or approved (a very popular girl)

They seem to be implying #4 (I could be wrong). Adding "most" usually relates to something tangible and measurable, or at least relate-able to "least". That's problematic, thus the extra qualifier "one of the".

(Let's also acknowledge that "most popular" does not necessarily equate to "best", which has its own subjective issues.)

Anyway, with fewer than 20 locations world-wide, I find it hard to believe that Black Tap are One of the most popular milkshake makers in the world. But I guess that's the beauty of creative marketing...

/end micro-rant

NobodyElse

But I think McDonald's and Dairy Queen must make the list.

By what I feel is the likely definition of popular, I would totally agree that they would be much more popular than Black Tap.

And for me, Ruby's or even Watson's are more popular (since I've never been to Black Tap). ;)

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Yummy

Attachments

• 20200201_212332.jpg
    20200201_212332.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 61

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom