BLACK PANTHER huge hit!

flynnibus

Premium Member
So, it's going to be difficult to find the few superheroes that WDW can use. Just look how obscure GotG was to the general public. They're going to have to elevated a lot more little-known characters and puff them up to make them park-worthy. That'll take years and years.

What Guardians and Deadpool prove is that Disney/Marvel can make any Superhero they want and it can be big enough for theme parks. Neither example used their past successes in their current success - they were successful purely based on what today's audience was exposed to as marketing and film.

Marvel can basically say "you like those characters UNI? That's ok, we'll make new ones..."

DisneyFan18

Quick/Dumb Question - Following the idea of using Wakanda as the place where the land is set, shouldn't characters like Shuri, Nakia, or the Dora Milaje be usable within the land as I don't think they are as related to the families that Universal owns as Black Panther, as a character, is?

Tay

No one cares about the Avatar characters. They love T’Challa and co.
Yeah as much as I loved Wakanda the characters in the film were just as great to me as the country. I think most feel that way. Pandora imo is way popular than the characters in Avatar.
Quick/Dumb Question - Following the idea of using Wakanda as the place where the land is set, shouldn't characters like Shuri, Nakia, or the Dora Milaje be usable within the land as I don't think they are as related to the families that Universal owns as Black Panther, as a character, is?
I think that could be a loophole but Universal would argue that since they’re related to Black Panther then they can’t be used. I really hope Disney/Universal can come to an agreement on characters in Orlando if they’re just going to use the most popular characters other than Spider-Man for Six Flags style rides and a cafe. I think a fair trade would be to let Universal build a ride with a popular Marvel character in Hollywood for the rights to Black Panther. Maybe Deadpool? It’s not like Disney will ever use him anyway in the parks.

Dutch Inn '76

Hey - so I saw Black Panther on Friday night, and really liked it. I wouldn't say it's on the level of "The Avengers" or "First Avenger" - but it was a good movie. ...and the "politics" in the story was entirely appropriate, not distracting from the entertainment on the screen (but maybe that's because I was ready for it). ;)

Dutch Inn '76

What Guardians and Deadpool prove is that Disney/Marvel can make any Superhero they want and it can be big enough for theme parks. Neither example used their past successes in their current success - they were successful purely based on what today's audience was exposed to as marketing and film.

Marvel can basically say "you like those characters UNI? That's ok, we'll make new ones..."

Absolutely agree. Guardians, Deadpool, Dr Strange, Black Panther - these characters were so obscure to the average comic book reader - and practically unknown to the general public. Disney can create characters, just like they did with the Incredibles, and do whatever they want.

All of these pervasive superhero movies are built on the popularity of Batman, Spiderman & Superman whom everyone knows. After those three, they start to fall off. How many of you read Iron Man comics as a kid? Not many; and he was moderately popular in comic book world.

Animaniac93-98

Yeah! Wouldn't it be cool is Pixar developed a super hero related movie. That would have a lot of theme park potential. ;)

Like decorating an existing roller coaster! :facepalm:

2d3202eedfdbb46cf16b9c5b122bfb1b353385b8.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom