Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Lucky Rabbit

Original Poster
So guessing the film stays a Summer 2022 release then. Probably move from May to July tho.
The current 2022 schedule is:

02/11/22 - Thor 4
03/25/22 - Doctor Strange 2
05/06/22 - Black Panther 2
07/08/22 - Captain Marvel 2
10/07/22 - Untitled MCU film

I think you're right in that they could flip BP2 and CM2, but I have no idea when CM2 is filming. I'm assuming the October film winds up being Deadpool 3 or Blade.

Darkprime

The current 2022 schedule is:

02/11/22 - Thor 4
03/25/22 - Doctor Strange 2
05/06/22 - Black Panther 2
07/08/22 - Captain Marvel 2
10/07/22 - Untitled MCU film

I think you're right in that they could flip BP2 and CM2, but I have no idea when CM2 is filming. I'm assuming the October film winds up being Deadpool 3 or Blade.

Captain Marvel 2 is also supposed to start filming in July I think as well.

doctornick

I’m actually disappointed in the news of not recasting. I think T’Challa is too important a character to not have more of his story told. I understand the idea of it being “too soon” perhaps and giving respect to Boseman but it’s not the way I would have gone.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m actually disappointed in the news of not recasting. I think T’Challa is too important a character to not have more of his story told. I understand the idea of it being “too soon” perhaps and giving respect to Boseman but it’s not the way I would have gone.
Its more in-line with the comic to have the mantle of Black Panther passed on rather than recast. So better to stick to as close to the source material as possible, especially given Boseman being a fan favorite.

NateD1226

Stupido

This casting isn't being reported by one of the big trades, so I would take this with a grain of salt until it's confirmed

With all this backlash that's trending, even if the actor was offered the role, I could see Disney pulling it. They found tweets of him dropping the f-slur, and with Disney's entire marketing campaign focusing on inclusion and diversity, it would be a bad look to cast him in the role.

The idea of the Atlantean being of Mayan descent is really cool though, I could dig that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
With all this backlash that's trending, even if the actor was offered the role, I could see Disney pulling it. They found tweets of him dropping the f-slur, and with Disney's entire marketing campaign focusing on inclusion and diversity, it would be a bad look to cast him in the role.

The idea of the Atlantean being of Mayan descent is really cool though, I could dig that.
How, in this day and age, can an actor have an agent (or agency) that hasn't already gone over their social media presence to scrub it?!

At this point, I don't want to cancel an actor because of the content of Bad Tweets, but for being dumb enough to not have purged Bad Tweets.

Sorry, hon, dumb and pretty used to be good on a resumé... not any more.

Jedijax719

What's even more interesting to me is that it would be the actor's very first role in an American film. Nothing wrong with that but I just find it interesting.

doctornick

If the rumor is true, I'm actually more interested to learn if Marvel has the ability to use Namor free and clear or if it is (still) another Hulk situation where they can't do a standalone movie of him without Uni distributing. There was rumors a few years ago that the rights had reverted back to Marvel since Uni had never made any films with Namor.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Michaela Cole is set to join the cast of Marvel’s Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. She joins Danai Gurira, Letitia Wright, Daniel Kaluuya, Winston Duke, Lupita Nyong’o, Florence Kasumba and Angela Bassett will likely reprise their roles from the original film. Ryan Coogler returns as director. Production is currently under way in Atlanta.

Plot details as well as who Coel is playing are being kept under wraps. The film is set to bow on July 8, 2022."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom