Black Dot slowing down MY wdwmagic posting

Minnesota disney fan

I have been dot free this morning. How about you @Minnesota disney fan ?
Nope, they are more irritating than ever I get the dot first, then immediately a small 2 inch by 2 inch square with a video in it!!!!
I just click on the dot and it disappears, but always comes back later. grrrrr I have no experience with most technology and wouldn't know how to get rid of it, so I just click it away, LOL.
Glad you are dot free:)

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Nope, they are more irritating than ever I get the dot first, then immediately a small 2 inch by 2 inch square with a video in it!!!!
I just click on the dot and it disappears, but always comes back later. grrrrr I have no experience with most technology and wouldn't know how to get rid of it, so I just click it away, LOL.
Glad you are dot free:)
My posting here this afternoon continues to be fine.
@wdwmagic , why is my situation resolved but not for some others?

Minnesota disney fan

My posting here this afternoon continues to be fine.
@wdwmagic , why is my situation resolved but not for some others?
This video/ad also is put right over what you are reading or looking at. So you can't ignore it, and have to stop and click on it. Interestingly, when I click on the usual ads, it goes away too without clicking on it. Who knows?????

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This video/ad also is put right over what you are reading or looking at. So you can't ignore it, and have to stop and click on it. Interestingly, when I click on the usual ads, it goes away too without clicking on it. Who knows?????
What device are you using? phone, iPad or laptop/desktop? Thanks!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
@wdwmagic I'm sorry to report that my black dot issue has resurfaced. Why does it "come and go"?
I am using a Dell Chromebook
All of the ads are demand based, so depending on advertiser demand to show ads, they may or may not appear. If your page view is determined to be worthwhile an advertiser placing an ad on, it will display.

It should now be clear of the up and down arrows, are you seeing other issues with the ad when it displays?

Are you running an ad blocker?

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
All of the ads are demand based, so depending on advertiser demand to show ads, they may or may not appear. If your page view is determined to be worthwhile an advertiser placing an ad on, it will display.

It should now be clear of the up and down arrows, are you seeing other issues with the ad when it displays?

Are you running an ad blocker?
I AM proudly running an Ad Blocker.
Thank you for the explanation regarding why I can go hours without an issue and then the dot can reappear.
The black dot is to the right of the up and down arrows.
It looks exactly the same as I posted at the beginning of this thread.
I gave your "Post 29" (just above) a "Like"....but I could not do so until I tapped on the black dot first.
The black dot is always removable and thus I can function....yet it is an added step which is a minor inconvenience.
Are you @wdwmagic saying that this is my new reality, there is nothing on your end that you will do? 🤔

G00fyDad

Thank you for the explanation regarding why I can go hours without an issue and then the dot can reappear.
I gave your "Post 29" (just above) a "Like"....but I could not do so until I tapped on the black dot first.
The black dot is always removable and thus I can function....yet it is an added step which is a minor inconvenience.
Are you @wdwmagic saying that this is my new reality, there is nothing on your end that you will do? 🤔
Why are you "proudly" running an ad-blocker?

lazyboy97o

Agreed.
I am not stealing.
I'm blocking ads.
Stealing is illegal.
Blocking ads is convenient.
They are not the same.
They are how Steve pays for you to use the site. You are using the site without contributing. You are stealing no matter how much you want to rationalize. To then complain about how the site is functioning is even worse.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Your AdBlocker is causing the issue as it is preventing the ad from properly rendering and you are see partial display of it.

WDWMAGIC relies on ads to be able to operate. Without ads the site would close.
For an ad-free experience we offer a Premium Pass for $7 a month.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Your AdBlocker is causing the issue as it is preventing the ad from properly rendering and you are see partial display of it.

WDWMAGIC relies on ads to be able to operate. Without ads the site would close.
For an ad-free experience we offer a Premium Pass for $7 a month.

OK.
This concludes my participation on this thread.
Thank you for "getting to the bottom of it". Sorry for taking up your time.

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

What device are you using? phone, iPad or laptop/desktop? Thanks!
I have a laptop. These are not showing up at any other sites. They go away when I x out the usual ads that run across the bottom, if that makes a difference. It's irritating as this doesn't happen on other sites. Thanks WDWmagic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom