"Black box" interchangeable dark ride coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios?

Kman101

I think people on the board think that one day its one LPS ride and after third shift it is a new LPS ride. It would still take 5 months at a minimum to replace stuff if it is indeed a ride.

It'd take WDW at least 5 *years* to replace it ;)

I'd like to remind folks that Toy Story Mania and other screen based attractions were built with the promise of easy change over and over 10 years later, TSM remains the same (though didn't they dump Bo Peep? why change it when guests defend it and think it's the bestest ever? Thanks, casuals)

What happens when the current wave of executives are out in 5-10 years? lol. All they think about is *now*.

Kman101

The next wave think the current wave are the ones to emulate?

Of course. I wasn't necessarily implying it could get any better. It could always get worse ;) LOL

I don't think it's the worst idea (I know ... but I see potential in things that often don't live up to said potential so .. it's probably a bad idea). I'm more inclined to be supportive if it's more of an attraction and not a ride. And I think we all know they have a horrible history of "quick turn around" ... I also have a hard time getting behind it when you have dated stage shows lingering ... but hey, guests still love them so why invest there? Sigh ...

EDIT: Of course if I look at this simply as an addition ... still meh but they need all the help they can get at the Studios. But maybe they should have invested better in the re-do?? lol. Funny how they're suddenly realizing the Studios is still in dire need even after TSL and GE. They just don't quite grasp it, do they?

Last edited:

britain

I'd like to remind folks that Toy Story Mania and other screen based attractions were built with the promise of easy change over and over 10 years later, TSM remains the same (though didn't they dump Bo Peep? why change it when guests defend it and think it's the bestest ever? Thanks, casuals)

What happens when the current wave of executives are out in 5-10 years? lol. All they think about is *now*.

If they look at the black box as a way to promote new movies, it will get replaced as fast as it took to change the Dumbo preview to the Aladdin preview: A week.

Kman101

If they look at the black box as a way to promote new movies, it will get replaced as fast as it took to change the Dumbo preview to the Aladdin preview: A week.

If that's how it goes, then that'd be fine, instead of just a movie preview I guess, making it more of an 'experience'. But we'll see. We don't really know enough yet I suppose.

tirian

The next wave think the current wave are the ones to emulate?

There are plenty of self-proclaimed Disney fanatics and company execs who’ve never seen animated shorts or movies made during Walt’s actual lifetime. To them, the Disney marketing hype is Disney.

Pixie dust!

tirian

I've long thought that an interchangeable theater at DHS made a ton of sense. Something where a stage show of whatever that year's animated release could be put out there for a limited run. In theory you could make two identical theaters and give these shows a two year run, pair them with a meet and greet and you're constantly staying fresh.
For nearly a decade, they did exactly that.

999th Happy Haunt

Like.... something very flexible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom