Rumor "Black Box" Coming to DCA?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
And, heck, I bet Garner Holt could design a couple of AA's with easily-swappable faces and body parts. :D But, frankly, I'm not expecting any AAs on this.

You're forgetting one important piece of tech, Projection Mapping. No need to swap out faces or body parts. Have some generic AAs both male and female with some interchangable parts and with some clever projection mapping you have unlimited possibilities.

SuddenStorm

Seeing how well Disney keeps up with theater based attractions, this idea is gonna be a disaster. Great in theory- the ability to retheme on a whim can help the attraction promote the latest properties, but I mean Disney isn't willing to develop a proper theater attraction at Disneyland, which you think would be far easier.

mickEblu

I expected more cynicism in here. If it actually focused the overlays into this one ride, I'm all for it. I don't have much faith, though.

Hmmm. That’s a fair point. But just think as long as penny pinching Chapek is around he ll find any excuse not to spend more money on overlays elsewhere so long as the big black box is around.

mickEblu

Joking aside... if they actually had multiple holiday related overlays ready to go I wouldn't be opposed to this concept.

But we also still don't have holiday related games in TSMM. So it doesn't drive much faith.

It’s interesting to me that more people have an issue with the fact that TSMM hasn’t introduced holiday games than the fact that those screens have been so dark and dull for a while. Is it just my eyes?

Snow Queen

It’s interesting to me that more people have an issue with the fact that TSMM hasn’t introduced holiday games than the fact that those screens have been so dark and dull for a while. Is it just my eyes?
Nope, I noticed that last time I was down there too. I was in Florida this year for a change, and I recall the screens there still being quite bright, especially in comparison. A shame they've clearly neglected upkeep on it in California.

mickEblu

Nope, I noticed that last time I was down there too. I was in Florida this year for a change, and I recall the screens there still being quite bright, especially in comparison. A shame they've clearly neglected upkeep on it in California.

Especially since there’s nothing else to look at and it’s kind of the focal point of the ride. It’s probably the reason I don’t enjoy it nearly as much I used to.

Sailor310

Like TSMM, I thought they'd change the stories on Star Tours more frequently. All they need to do is change the video and reprogram the hydraulics, but very seldom happens.

Snow Queen

Sounds like a wonderful opportunity to realize that virtual "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" ride kids have been clamoring for.
That'll never last. After just a few months, it'll have to be switched out for something more timely and relevant: America's Funniest Home Videos: The Ride.

ParkPeeker

It seems cheap, but at least it's trackless, they could do a lot with a trackless vehicle. And if they experiment with all the parts together, rides could be decent. And with the ease of changing the ride, I hope they change it often to freshen things up, especially for those AP people.

BrianLo

I don’t think I’ve been on DCA’s version for nearly 5 years in full disclosure. No idea!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom