Bistro de Paris CLOSED July 1st -End of Sept...

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I just got this email...

Bonjour,

You have a reservation at Bistro de Paris In Epcot, unfortunately it will be closed from July 1st through the end of September, therefore not be open for your seating due to renovations. I will be switching your seating downstairs to Chefs de France with everything remaining the same; time and party size. If you would like to book at a different dining experience, please let me know and I will cancel the seating.

If I can be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thank you and we do apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Kind regards,

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think someone mentioned this yesterday as well :shrug: (I can't remember). Anyway, I believe the Bistro needs to be closed down for a while in order to accomodate the expansion of Boulangerie Patisserie.....

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Interesting times at Epcot's restaurants, pretty much everything has had, or is in the process of a refurbishment.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
They also changed my ADR from there to Chefs de France but I just asked her to cancel the whole thing.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
They also changed my ADR from there to Chefs de France but I just asked her to cancel the whole thing.

Yeah i would be doing the same, our trip there was less than average!
Although they are meant to have a good Creme Brulee!!

Is that your 2nd ADR change in about a week??

jt04

Hopefully these upgrades are the result of competition between the restaurants and this will cause the bar to be raised to increasing heights at World Showcase. A situation where we, the customer win every time.

See kids, that is how capitilism works. Great places to eat or (fill in the blank) instead of soup lines. What a brilliant concept. :)

~question everything~

donaldfan

Hopefully these upgrades are the result of competition between the restaurants and this will cause the bar to be raised to increasing heights at World Showcase. A situation where we, the customer win every time.

See kids, that is how capitilism works. Great places to eat or (fill in the blank) instead of soup lines. What a brilliant concept. :)

~question everything~

Really?

bethymouse

Isn't Bistro a signature?

Well, I can't see how anyone who wanted a Bistro experience would want Chefs de France. How are they able to accommodate all those people?
:(

aladdin2007

Confused, so both the new bakery and Bistro will be upstairs in the same area? I dont get what the Bistro has to do with the new bakery.....thanks.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Confused, so both the new bakery and Bistro will be upstairs in the same area? I dont get what the Bistro has to do with the new bakery.....thanks.

The bakery is being expanded to two floors, so it appears that the work may impact the Bistro.

jumblue

~question everything~

Pretty sure the only thing being raised will be prices... (CAPITALISM!)

Does anybody know if they'll have a quick F&W style booth set up during the renovation? I feel this has been a trend with some of the other restaurant renovations lately, and seems a little easier than everyone being transplanted to Chefs de France.

markc

This refurb doesnt directly have anything to do with the Bakery expansion.

Disney has finally conceeded that this restaurant lacks the recognition and popularity of the downstairs one, so from what I'm being told (by somebody working on this refurb direclty), Bistro will essentially be turned into an extension of Chefs de France with a more affordable menu (aka generic).

markc

Does anybody know if they'll have a quick F&W style booth set up during the renovation? I feel this has been a trend with some of the other restaurant renovations lately, and seems a little easier than everyone being transplanted to Chefs de France.

I dont understand your point here. Somebody who was dining at Bistro de Paris is CERTAINLY not going to settle for a take out meal sitting at a metal rod table or bench outside. Easier or not, your plan doesnt make sense in comparison to the situation that is happening.

No plans for an outside F&W booth just yet. It was done in the instance of Italy and Mexico as those restraurants were far more high volume and had meals that were easy to prebake and keep outside in the portable heaters.

WDWFigment

This refurb doesnt directly have anything to do with the Bakery expansion.

Disney has finally conceeded that this restaurant lacks the recognition and popularity of the downstairs one, so from what I'm being told (by somebody working on this refurb direclty), Bistro will essentially be turned into an extension of Chefs de France with a more affordable menu (aka generic).

Can anyone confirm this?

If true, I want to eat at Bistro at least once more before it closes. Chefs de France doesn't hold a candle to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom