Birthdays

epcotwsmd4me

Original Poster
What's better?

A vacation in WDW with your birthday in your favorite park?

or

A vacation on Disney Cruise with your birthday falling on one of the cruise days?

How do they treat you on the cruise? Is it better/worse than in a park.

I've read about birthdays in the park and that's what I'm leaning more towards (January is when mine is), but I'm wondering about the cruise. We (my wife and I) don't have any kids, but are thinking about the cruise anyways.

Please let us know!

dizpins14

I'm sure people don't have their birthday on the cruise as much as people in the park so on the cruise they may do something a little extra special. In the parks they give you a button. YES!!!

FanofDinsey1981

mmm a cruise, just because you can claim the whole thing was for your birthday!

though, you can plan out quite a nice day for your own birthday (meals where you want them, fav rides, etc.)

but the cruise is incredible! and Iam sure somehow they will accomidate to your birthday in some way.

either way, I am so jealous!:wave:

FanofDinsey1981

at least for dinner, they treat you really well, only because you keep the same waiters throughout the trip for dinner. (ours even remembered where we were from, and how old we were, etc.) very nice touch!

epcotwsmd4me

Original Poster
Well...

My wife has pretty much let me know that I can do either. If we go to the parks, it'll be the first time on property. I can't think of a better way to do it. It'll be our 3rd time in 4 years going to the parks though...

I'm excited, but I'm just not sure! Too many choices!

Oh well. It'll be Disney - either way I'm sure it's going to be a good time. I'm mainly just not sure about the cruise. I spent 8 years in the Navy and not sure I want to do any cruises EVER!

But I've been assured that even I would enjoy it. Especially Disney.

Thanks!

DisJosh

If I'm right I think the cruise vacation consists of 3 days on WDW property and then you go on the cruise. You could do it that way and set it up so the day your birthday falls on is either on the ship or in the parks. Personally I would love to be in the parks. On my last trip my good friend was w/ me and we were in WDW for his 16th birthday. I know he enjoyed it...I can't say I let him pick the rides though :D Eh we pretty much agree what we went on anyways lol. :) That nite we ate at the steak house in Japan at Epcot and they brought him a cake it was pretty cool if ya ask me.

Pioneer Hall

I would go to the parks because of the choices. You can choose where you want to eat and what you want to do. On the cruise you are limited to their choices. I think the parks would just be better. And since you will be on property it will be even better.

BNCordeiro

I'm sort of splitting the difference. I'm going on a land & sea Disney Cruise package from June 13-20th. I'll be in WDW from the 13-15th & then the 16-20th I'll be at sea.

It just so happens that June 15 is my birthday. the Disney Cruise is probably great to have your birthday fall on, but I just can't wait to celebrate mine again (I did so also last year) in Walt Disney World!

Justin149

A vacation in WDW with your birthday in your favorite park

is definetly better...

your in the park, rather some boring cruise.

-justin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom