Birthday Trip September/October 2020

kimberlymautz

Hello All!

I'm currently planning our next trip - one for my son's 3rd birthday in October! This will be our last trip for at least a few years so I want to make sure that we get to do as much as possible.

We'll be heading down September 25th and will be heading home the day after my son's birthday, October 5th. It'll be me, my boyfriend, our daughter (will be 9) and our son.

I need opinions on several different things.

1) Should I go for the Dining Plan? My hope is that by some miracle Disney offers free dining while we are there, but if not I'm wondering if I should even bother with it. Our last few trips were obvious that we were going to be getting it and we found it SO worth it. My daughter LOVES the character meals and they're such a relief from all of the walking and insanity that is Disney. However this trip we'll be there for 10 days and I'm not sure I can figure out 10 different sit down meals that we'd enjoy. On the other hand, I really don't want to pay for character meals out of pocket either. The struggle.

2) Strollers. We don't use one at home very often, my son is pretty good at holding hands when we're out places. For Disney it's a no brainer that I'll be bringing one, but should I bring my large stroller (it's from when my daughter was born and came as a travel system) or should I bring my Joovi stroller? It folds up like an umbrella stroller, but it's definitely sturdier and lays flat. There's no tray on it though so I was thinking my son might find it annoying.

3) What are your favorite add-ons for little boys? We're going to do MNSSHP one night (to be determined depending on party nights), but I'd really like to do something special for my son to celebrate his birthday. We'll definitely be going to Magic Kingdom that day, but since we'll be there two other days we're not confined to it for the entire day.

I'm sure I'll think of more as time comes up, but those are what I've got so far.

Thank you!

Dave B

1) you just missed the Free Dining promo, I do not think it will be offered again, but check daily or check the boards to see if it comes back, there is a room special for 25% off currently, I would NOT purchase the plan thought

2)Bring the Joovi, not the big one, it will be nice when the little one gets tired, but not as much of a struggle for you to pack and bring

3)Go to a special fireworks party with special viewing or one of the Character Buffets and let them know its his B-day

4)HAVE FUN

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

Original Poster
1) you just missed the Free Dining promo, I do not think it will be offered again, but check daily or check the boards to see if it comes back, there is a room special for 25% off currently, I would NOT purchase the plan thought

2)Bring the Joovi, not the big one, it will be nice when the little one gets tired, but not as much of a struggle for you to pack and bring

3)Go to a special fireworks party with special viewing or one of the Character Buffets and let them know its his B-day

4)HAVE FUN

I checked with my travel agent and she said normally more are announced for the fall, so I'm hoping that we can by some miracle fall into that category. The dates they just released were too early, we wouldn't have qualified anyway. 😭

We've never done the fireworks parties, I'll have to check into them! Thanks for the idea!

Upvote 0

ELG13

No to the dining plan. If you get that you pay rack rate for the room. I took the timeline year to plan out every single meal and snack (we have our favorites or I chose steak for the meal so it was most expensive) but just couldn't come out ahead with the dining plan. We love the convenience of it all being paid for but we ended up losing several hundred dollars essentially. Bring the joovi stroller. I'm sure it's safe but there are size restrictions now so I'd double check. For his bday I would maybe find an awesome character breakfast/lunch/dinner for his bday. Let them know and they will bring him a cupcake. Get him a birthday pin and everyone will tell him happy bday. We did a Minni and Mickey meet and greet on my daughter's bday and they stopped and sang her happy birthday! It was awesome!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom