Birthday Question

Nansafan

Original Poster
Those of you familiar with my name have probably heard mention of my brother. This post particularly involves him. He will be celebrating his 40th Birthday on June 20th, which just happens to be while we will be down at WDW. In all our trips, (this number is somewhere around 20) we have never been to the world on anyone of our groups birthday. I know about going to City Hall for his birthday pin and greeting, but do the other parks have a special birthday greeting place/event? We will all have matching t-shirts, "John's 40th Birthday Group" and my bro's which will say "I'm John and today's my 40th birthday." We have a PS for the Gala Feast at 1900 Park Faire for dinner that night. We're staying at the GF for the first time, concierge. Based on history, Fridays in June have been E-Ride nights so we are keeping our fingers crossed. Any other information would be helpful/ appreciated/welcome... Thanks.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
If you are staying conceirge let them know that it will be his birthday, I have heard they do special things for their guest's birthdays.

scottsalisbury

My 40th Birthday

I celebrated my 40th at the Polynesian Luau. They called all the people celebrating birthdays up to the stage. It was neat being up there when people were saying "I'm Amy and I am 6, I'm Charlie and I am 8.... then I'm Scott and I am 40.... " the crowd went wild!!!

Scott

Nansafan

Original Poster
Re: My 40th Birthday

Originally posted by scottsalisbury
I celebrated my 40th at the Polynesian Luau. They called all the people celebrating birthdays up to the stage. It was neat being up there when people were saying "I'm Amy and I am 6, I'm Charlie and I am 8.... then I'm Scott and I am 40.... " the crowd went wild!!!

Scott

Cool Scott!!, but that is exactly why we are not going to the Luau on his birthday. He doesn't like to be the center of attention like that. Walking around with matching t-shirts and a birthday pin will be fine for him but dancing in front of strangers will not.

I was really wondering what goes on at the other parks, not MK, for birthday people. If we have to, we'll run to all 4 just to get his birthday surprise.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Re: My 40th Birthday

Originally posted by Nansafan
He doesn't like to be the center of attention like that. Walking around with matching t-shirts and a birthday pin will be fine for him but dancing in front of strangers will not.
Does he have any idea what you're planning for him ?? :lookaroun

Nansafan

Original Poster
The t-shirts will not be a problem Captain. After 10 years of going to WDW we surprised him with shirts that said "I'm on vacation with John, WDW 2002". 9 of us had that. His shirt said "I'm John on vacation. WDW 2002." He loved it. He and I have been looking at the shirts you can get from the Disney catalog and I've been trying to determine which one he would like. I think the Mickey one or the Mickey and Friends one will be the one. Then for the personalization thing I was going to go with something like "Today is John's 40th Birthday". What do you think?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom