Birthday Fast Pass Offer

Dwarful

Ok we arrive at The Boardwalk in two weeks. During our trip it will be my husband's birthday. Since we already have our passes we do not need the free one day ticket. We thought, since it is a busy time he might select the Fast Pass Card offer. I am trying to find the restrictions on the card offer. Has anyone used the birthday fast pass card offer? How did it go? Which park offered the most 'bang for your buck' so to speak. I know he has to get the card early in the morning..before they run out. The website said before 11 AM so that is not an issue. Thanks for any input!

I_heart_Tigger

This is the info I found, but keep in mind it's always subject to change...

You can only use the FP's for certain attractions in each park

They are divided into "Donald" rides and "Daisy" rides and I believe you can pick 2 of each catagory to ride

• Magic Kingdom
    • Donald: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan's Flight, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain
    • Daisy: Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Jungle Cruise, Mickey's PhilharMagic, Stitch's Great Escape!
  • Epcot
    • Donald: Soarin', Test Track
    • Daisy: Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, Living with the Land, Maelstrom, Mission: SPACE
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios
    • Donald: Rock N Roller Coaster, Toy Story Midway Mania, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    • Daisy: Lights Motors Action Extreme Stunt Show, Star Tours, Voyage of The Little Mermaid
  • Animal Kingdom
    • Donald: Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris
    • Daisy: Dinosaur, It's Tough to Be a Bug, Kali River Rapids

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
Thanks so much. This is exactly what I was looking for. Somehow I couldn't find it. I am not sure what we will decide to do. Might go for the $75 gift card instead. It looks like in each of the parks the Donald rides are the rides we would definately use FP's for. The Daisy rides are rides we always ride, but never 'waste' a FP on. I guess part of it will depend on what the crowds look like that week. Of course I guess the plus side of these FP's are that we will still be able to use our FP's as well.

Upvote 0

Ghall

When we go in 3 weeks time, we will be celebrating two birthdays on the same day. I was just wondering the same thing fastpass or gift card. I think the gift card option is a better deal, you don't seem to be able to fastpass that many rides. I think we will just get two gift cards and have fun in the shops!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We are going for the gift card when we are at the World for my DH's bday. We are doing this b/c we didn't think that it is that good of a deal with the FP's. Maybe if you are just going for a few days - then it would be worth it - but being there for a week - we'll have plenty of time to ride what we want. :wave:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
Yeah, after we looked over the list we have also decided to skip the FP offer and go for the gift card. If it weren't divided into Donald/Daisy rides and if we weren't going to be there for 8 days then perhaps we'd go the FP route. But the skimpiness of the FP offer doesn't make it 'worth' $75 to us. Two weeks from today will be our first morning to wake up at WDW!!!!!

Upvote 0

Ceekling

Well, this is disappointing. I am going for my birthday in July and was very excited about the FP offer (I so desperately wanted one during YAMD but never was able to snag one). After reading this thread, I was reconsidering in favor of the gift card, but after reading the fine print, I'm not so sure it's a better option.

From here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/birthdayFunCard/index

"You may use the Birthday Fun Card towards the purchase of select merchandise items at participating merchandise locations owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts. The Birthday Fun Card may also be used for other select purchases including Disney's PhotoPass® on–site services and tour experiences. The Birthday Fun Card may not be used towards the payment of Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® Resort Hotel room night folio charges, or a Disney Cruise Line® reservation aboard Disney Cruise Line®, or towards the purchase of any food and beverage items, alcohol, cigarettes, spa services and products, or personal services such as face painting, caricature drawings, hair braiding, and hair wrapping."

With all of the limitations on the gift card, maybe the FP IS the better option?

Upvote 0

MissM

There are limitations, yes. But it's not all that bad. It basically means you can only buy merchandise from a Disney-owned location. Any of your big, main shops like Mouse Gear, Emporium, World of Disney are 100% eligible. You can also opt for things in places like Art of Disney which is what I did since it's more unique items.

You can't use it for any place that's not Disney owned. This DOES include a few pavilions such as China, Japan and Morocco. And then of course the obvious things like the Harley Davidson Store, Basin, etc.

But really? I think the $75 is still a great deal. It's what both Love and I opted for. He bought the monorail and I bought a drawing and still have $37 left to spend. You can also use it for tours so if you've wanted to do Keys to the Kingdom or something, you could do it for free with your birthday fun card.

Upvote 0

EmperorMilenko

I am heading out on my birthday also and I'm going with the gift card. The fastpass is a good deal but I'm going in late Sept./early Oct. so I'm not too worried abouthow crowded the parks will be. The only ride I would need it for is ToyStory Mania. Last time I was there the lines were at 200 minutes and the fastpasses were gone for the day by 10 a.m. Has this gotten any better or are the lines still outrageoussssss?

Upvote 0

MissM

I am heading out on my birthday also and I'm going with the gift card. The fastpass is a good deal but I'm going in late Sept./early Oct. so I'm not too worried abouthow crowded the parks will be. The only ride I would need it for is ToyStory Mania. Last time I was there the lines were at 200 minutes and the fastpasses were gone for the day by 10 a.m. Has this gotten any better or are the lines still outrageoussssss?
It really depends on how busy the park is for the day. Two weekends ago (the 16th) when I went to ride it, it was a 50 minute posted wait at noon and we actually waited more like 35-40 minutes. When we got out, the posted time had changed to 40 minutes. FastPass return time when we went in was around 5-6pm.

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

We were at WDW last week for my mom's birthday. She decided to get the gift card since it was our last day there & we had reservations at Chef Mickey's & I was meeting up with my friends that afternoon to say goodbye to them. The only thing she said she didnt like about the gift card was it has to be used on your birthday. She looked in World of Disney for 2 hours before she ended up spending it all.

Upvote 0

coasterphil

We were at WDW last week for my mom's birthday. She decided to get the gift card since it was our last day there & we had reservations at Chef Mickey's & I was meeting up with my friends that afternoon to say goodbye to them. The only thing she said she didnt like about the gift card was it has to be used on your birthday. She looked in World of Disney for 2 hours before she ended up spending it all.

It doesn't have to be used on your birthday.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom