• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report Birthday/Christmas with a side of scooters.....

tabby1222

Original Poster
Gonna work a little on this today. :). Between work beating me into the ground lately (25 3rd graders this year, in a very low-income urban school no less...) and the flu hitting the house, its been insane. Then I lost my post, so not sure if Ralph broke my internet, or if Stitch ate it.

So, we last left off at heading out of MK for the night. We were up bright and early on our way to the Kingdom of Animals. I do not have a ton of pics from this day, so bear with me.
Pluto was definitely still the highlight. Who doesn't love popcorn? And photographic evidence that the oldest spawn will wear ears, but only when no one is around. :)

First stop of the day was to let Tate get his own ears, so I could actually wear mine! Taylen was still too cool for ears, so went with a Yeti themed hat! Stinker.
This is one of my favorite pictures from the whole trip. Since we live in Illinois, it can be hard for the boys and Memaw to really connect. They have finally really started becoming inseparable with more frequent visits. Memaw and her squad are pretty tight, and I love it!!! She is actually getting a shirt that says "My squad calls me Memaw" for Mother's Day!

Ok, leaving it here for this am, my room full of 3rd grade friends are calling my name..... And my own cherubs have to finish getting ready! To be continued.......

Last edited:

aliceismad

Advertisement
Aww. Those happy faces! I love the ride photos the most.

tabby1222

Original Poster
I figured I needed to get on finishing this, since our next trip is 59!!!! days away!!

So the day this day is a bit foggy, so I am going to report the best of my ability....It is what I get for A, waiting so long, and B, the events to come.

366812 366813
We did Rainforest Cafe for lunch, both on our way out and because of not having a reservation anywhere. The boys loved it. Tate got some more dessert, which he devoured!
After this, we headed back to the resort for a bit, then came back for a 5pm Yeti ride, and then we were heading to Yak and Yeti, which I have wanted to try for YEARS!!!
So we went on Yeti, which I seem to not have any pics from. Then we went on our way to Yak and Yeti, and this is when all of the things fell apart.

We were going to look in a store on the way, since we were a bit early, and somehow I missed three steps going down the stairs. I drug poor Tate down with me. He was fine, just a scratch on his knee. I came down hard on a flat foot. I had on tennis shoes, thankfully, but knew right away I messed something up in a major way. I hobbled my way to Yak and Yeti, and spent the meal in tears because the foot hurt so bad. My mom was super upset, because she knew how bad I was hurting, and the boys were upset that I was crying. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy the meal at all. I asked a cast member if there was any way they could help me get to first aid, and the lady was less than helpful, and pointed the route to walk there.

I ended up sending my mom and the boys to go see a show while I headed towards first aid. It took me over an hour to walk from Y&Y to first aid. In hindsight, I should have asked a different cast member for assistance, but at that point I just wanted to get where I needed to be. By the time I got there, the kids and Memaw met me there. First aid was fairly unhelpful, honestly. They gave me an ice pack, and told me to go to the ER. I was hoping that maybe with elevating it and some rest, it would feel better. So they pushed me from there to our FOP FP, which I sat out for. There was no way I was going to try to sit in that ride with my foot. I just hung out in my wheelchair by the entrance.

This is the point that the weirdest conversation of my entire life happened. I swear, I cannot make the up. I was talking to my oldest daughter, who stayed home because of her work, on FaceTime. This 20something girl sits down on a ledge next to me, with her friend and a 1-2 year old asleep in a stroller. I hear them talking while I am talking to Kim, but pay little attention as I am whining about my foot.

The next thing I know, the girl says "Is there any way I could pay you $20 for watching my son while we go ride this ride?"

WHAT????????

So I explain that I don't think it is a good idea, and explain how rider swap works, etc. She proceeds to tell me that she wants to be able to ride with her friend, and that he is asleep, so won't be any problem. I again tell her that if he woke up, he would be so upset, etc, trying to get the point across that this is a terrible idea. She then offers me $50. I finally tell her that she doesn't know me, for all she knows I could be a serial killer, and that my family should be out soon. She then gets mad, and walks away with her kid, telling me that she can't understand why I cannot just watch her kid. What the heck????

At this point, my mom and kids come back, and we headed back to the resort. It took me an hour just to walk from bus stop to preferred building at POR. By morning, I couldn't even really walk to the bathroom. It was bad.......

krisri18

I figured I needed to get on finishing this, since our next trip is 59!!!! days away!!

So the day this day is a bit foggy, so I am going to report the best of my ability....It is what I get for A, waiting so long, and B, the events to come.

View attachment 366812 View attachment 366813
We did Rainforest Cafe for lunch, both on our way out and because of not having a reservation anywhere. The boys loved it. Tate got some more dessert, which he devoured!
View attachment 366814
After this, we headed back to the resort for a bit, then came back for a 5pm Yeti ride, and then we were heading to Yak and Yeti, which I have wanted to try for YEARS!!!
So we went on Yeti, which I seem to not have any pics from. Then we went on our way to Yak and Yeti, and this is when all of the things fell apart.

We were going to look in a store on the way, since we were a bit early, and somehow I missed three steps going down the stairs. I drug poor Tate down with me. He was fine, just a scratch on his knee. I came down hard on a flat foot. I had on tennis shoes, thankfully, but knew right away I messed something up in a major way. I hobbled my way to Yak and Yeti, and spent the meal in tears because the foot hurt so bad. My mom was super upset, because she knew how bad I was hurting, and the boys were upset that I was crying. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy the meal at all. I asked a cast member if there was any way they could help me get to first aid, and the lady was less than helpful, and pointed the route to walk there.

I ended up sending my mom and the boys to go see a show while I headed towards first aid. It took me over an hour to walk from Y&Y to first aid. In hindsight, I should have asked a different cast member for assistance, but at that point I just wanted to get where I needed to be. By the time I got there, the kids and Memaw met me there. First aid was fairly unhelpful, honestly. They gave me an ice pack, and told me to go to the ER. I was hoping that maybe with elevating it and some rest, it would feel better. So they pushed me from there to our FOP FP, which I sat out for. There was no way I was going to try to sit in that ride with my foot. I just hung out in my wheelchair by the entrance.

This is the point that the weirdest conversation of my entire life happened. I swear, I cannot make the up. I was talking to my oldest daughter, who stayed home because of her work, on FaceTime. This 20something girl sits down on a ledge next to me, with her friend and a 1-2 year old asleep in a stroller. I hear them talking while I am talking to Kim, but pay little attention as I am whining about my foot.

The next thing I know, the girl says "Is there any way I could pay you $20 for watching my son while we go ride this ride?"

WHAT????????

So I explain that I don't think it is a good idea, and explain how rider swap works, etc. She proceeds to tell me that she wants to be able to ride with her friend, and that he is asleep, so won't be any problem. I again tell her that if he woke up, he would be so upset, etc, trying to get the point across that this is a terrible idea. She then offers me $50. I finally tell her that she doesn't know me, for all she knows I could be a serial killer, and that my family should be out soon. She then gets mad, and walks away with her kid, telling me that she can't understand why I cannot just watch her kid. What the heck????

At this point, my mom and kids come back, and we headed back to the resort. It took me an hour just to walk from bus stop to preferred building at POR. By morning, I couldn't even really walk to the bathroom. It was bad.......
I'm not even sure which to comment on; the fact that you were injured and got very little help from the cast members or that someone offered you $ to watch their child so they could ride FOP ?!?!?!

Top Bottom