Birthday bash creates little buzz

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by mightyduck
Ouch. :(

Yeah I know. But I agree I dont see how there going to draw the crowds they want. By throwing in a few parades,hat, and no major attraction.

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by mightyduck
Well, I want to go back again, but my family thinks that attributable to a chemical imbalance more than a 100 year celebration... ;)

Hey!!!! I suffer from a Chemical Imbalance!:( :brick:

prberk

The lack of press events has skewed this report. I am surprised that the Orlando Sentinel doesn't know any better. The advertising and so forth has been postponed to December, so who would expect anyone to really know about it yet, much less come! The report is not complete.

Things would be different if the press events were happening and the McDonalds tie-ins, etc., had kicked in. As it stands things will look bad until they do, and until this country stabilizes with regard to travel overall! So look for things to be better in December.

MrPromey

Originally posted by prberk
The lack of press events has skewed this report. I am surprised that the Orlando Sentinel doesn't know any better. The advertising and so forth has been postponed to December, so who would expect anyone to really know about it yet, much less come! The report is not complete.

Things would be different if the press events were happening and the McDonalds tie-ins, etc., had kicked in. As it stands things will look bad until they do, and until this country stabilizes with regard to travel overall! So look for things to be better in December.

I agree :)

tommy112973

Still going though

Well with all the buzz i get on the DISNEY WORLD WEB SITE, i think it'll be a great time to go....i feel that alot is lost by what happened on sept 11th, but time will pass and people will come, i still plan on going... i was wondering if anyone has had the chance to download the really nice screen saver that the disney web site provides when you collect all the 100th Pins???? i have it and will not replace it until something else comes out that can beat it...its really nice.....go to the disneyworld web site, take a peek, collect the pins, and get a free screensaver and also a certificate for a pin the next time you go to disney world, thats a buy 1 get 1 free offer, but still great!:king:

Tink

I think this article is definitely a little off-balance. They barely mention, if they do at all (?), that Disney is holding off the plans it had made originally to publicize the 100 years event in order to be sensitive to the feelings of the nation after September 11th's catastrophe. A lot of folks just don't feel like partying right now. In a couple months, as time heals wounds that are now open, I believe people will listen to President Bush and take their families to Disney World.:)

prberk

Postponed

It is only the press events (such as talk shows, Regis, Millionaire, radio shows, McDonalds tie-ins, Hallmark ads, etc.) that were postponed, but that means much of the "hoopla" has been postponed also. That is why everything in the Orlando Sentinel article is irritating. It is hard judge the promotion before anyone outside of Disney fans has really heard of it or had time to really notice it. I think the judge will be out on this one until America gets back to making travel plans overall, and especially until the press event and marketing tie-ins are actually done... I hope that will be in December as planned.

I hate to think about it, but of course, the other uncertainty is war or continued terrorism, the result of which would again change things altogether but still not really reflect the true value of a celebration of Walt's life. It is all marred by terrible tragedy and simply unfortunate timing.

Terrorism notwithstanding, I think that the press event and other tie-ins ultimately will make a difference.

I think now will be an awesome time to go and experience the 100 years celebration before they do start all of the media blitz. I think it is fun to see things for the first time before it is splashed all over the TV. I know they said that it will "create little buzz" right now but wait until early next year and i think the parks will be full again. I think Disney did what was best be delaying the media events for a few months. Besides, most of the events, (parades, etc.) can be carried on past the celebration.

BTW, I thought it was up to me and Mrs. Lightyear to create little buzzes. Ha Ha :D :D :D

MarknSue

Least MarkyMark wont be queing long to get on the rides. You locals must have heard the Brits are coming and have bolted your doors :D
MarknSue

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom