Birds-eye image of what 'new Future World' looks like?

trainplane3

I'm updating the Epcot chapter for the 2020 Unofficial Guide. Is there a good overhead map of what Future World is going to look like by 2021? I'm sure it's here somewhere, so anyone who can save me some time finding it will have my undying love and affection.
@MisterPenguin put together a rough map of the core of "new" FW about a week ago. Its somewhere in the last 10 pages of the Innoventions thread. Maybe he can share it here?
Edit: Found it
So, something like this...

View attachment 363044

@marni1971 , @Magic Feather , any suggested changes? Is Project Tomorrow going to be razed?

cindy_k

Oh! I just realized with that @MisterPenguin map that my favorite dancing fountain is on the demolition list. Along with Club Cool, I am not sure about this new EPCOT vision. 😢
B7jmNAw.png

MickeyMouse10

Hopefully Electric Umbrella is a goner in the new plans. I'd love to get a Guardians quick service with a Rocket Raccoon animatronic in its place. Just the animatronic alone would make it better themed than Electric.

The only thing I don't like is it is no longer symmetrical and the extraction of the left building also makes a chance for a People Mover unlikely.

WDW Guru

Hopefully Electric Umbrella is a goner in the new plans. I'd love to get a Guardians quick service with a Rocket Raccoon animatronic in its place. Just the animatronic alone would make it better themed than Electric.

The only thing I don't like is it is no longer symmetrical and the extraction of the left building also makes a chance for a People Mover unlikely.

JJJ

Please elaborate, I don't know what you're referring to.
I assume the part about the Guardians themed resteraunt. Wanting Guardians in Epcot isn't a very popular opinion around here. Though, to be honest, I'm a little bummed out they're not replacing the buildings on that side of the plaza. I think they look a bit dated now :(. Electric Umbrella is an interseting name, but it's the most boring resteraunt to eat at in Epcot. But that could also be the point- give those who are less adventerous about trying different foods a place to get something relativley "normal."

MickeyMouse10

I assume the part about the Guardians themed restaurant. Wanting Guardians in Epcot isn't a very popular opinion around here. Though, to be honest, I'm a little bummed out they're not replacing the buildings on that side of the plaza. I think they look a bit dated now :(. Electric Umbrella is an interesting name, but it's the most boring restaurant to eat at in Epcot. But that could also be the point- give those who are less adventerous about trying different foods a place to get something relativley "normal."

That's true, I don't like Guardians being in Epcot either. But you have to make crappy lemons into crappy lemonade at this point. At least they are getting rid of an attraction that wasn't very good.

I agree completely about Electric, it has next to no theming. I like the original idea for Electric that they didn't go with, where there was going to be robots.

Last edited:

Bender123

That's true, I don't like Guardians being an Epcot either. But you have to make crappy lemons into crappy lemonade at this point. At least they are getting rid of an attraction that wasn't very good.

I agree completely about Electric, it has next to no theming. I like the original idea for Electric that they didn't go with, where there was going to be robots.

I actually agree with you on Energy...but for different reasons. It WAS a great ride that just outlived its mission. In 1982, dinosaurs were awesome. After Jurassic Park came out, limited motion dinos looked really stupid.

I loved it in a nostalgia way, but it either needed a complete update or removal to remain relevant. My kids and wife thought it was corny, not in the Tiki Room campy/fun way, but in the wow...that's pretty bad, way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom