Bippity Boppity ugh

Blairnicol

Original Poster
I am going the 1st weekend/2nd week in December with friends for their first family trip. I tried to emphasize the importance of getting ADRs/ect 180 days out & volunteered to do all of that for them, but my friend really wanted to do it herself and then got overwhelmed after staying up until midnight to try and book online, only to have the site crash & then only get half of the ADRs she was hoping for when she called the next AM. She completely forgot about BBB until this week (she's also sad about missing out on the Princess Tea). I am now scrambling trying to get her 4 year old into BBB because I know she is going to see other girls dressed up and want that too. Any pro tips on how to possibly snag a last minute rez? I am single with no kiddos, so I have never done this before!

Thinking worse case scenario we can bring a little tiara, some hair glitter & do her hair ourselves & at 4 she probably won't know the difference?

Weather_Lady

No, I don't think the 4-year-old will know the difference! We dolled my daughter up for her 6th birthday at WDW with a princess dress from home (which she took off after awhile because it was too hot - I'd kept a spare outfit for her in my purse), matching hair accessories and cute sandals (the plastic heels are cute for pictures, but terrible for girls try to walk around a park in!), and she felt every bit as much a princess as if we had spent the cash and time to have her do BBB. You'll see dozens of girls in any park, at any given time, wearing princess finery that was brought from home (or even lovingly made at home) with hair done by Mom, and they look every bit as adorable and regal as the glitter-drenched girls popping out of the BBBs -- and I suspect that many of them are much more comfortable to boot!

If you really want a last-minute reservation though, a good time to try is 1-2 days ahead, when people are making cancellations to avoid the 24-hour cancellation fee. You can even attempt walking up the day-of to see if there are any last-minute cancellations.

Disneydreamer23

My daughter is 3 and wanted to do it. I couldn't get her in but got her into Pirates League she loved it so much I will do this every time... May be ask your daughter if she wants to be a Pirate instead??

carriebeth

can you possibly do it at the disney springs location? That one tends to book up more slowly and they may have something available for you.

DisneyDreamer08

We were in Disney the last week of September. We had an 8am BBB appointment for our first day in MK. Due to some issues that morning, we had to reschedule. They were very nice and waived the cancellation fee. I called back later that day after rearranging our schedule. I asked for an appointment that Friday at the Disney Springs location and they had one at 11:20am. I know MK appointments can be tough to get but it seemed easy enough to get one at DS. For what its worth, I highly recommend it there. We brought our own dress and did the smallest package- hair, nails and make up, for 60 bucks. Totally worth it! They were super friendly, great with kids and my daughter got to take home a whole bag full of goodies. We loved it!

EvilQueen-T

They sell little tiaras at the emporium on main st that stay in your hair even on rockin roller coaster. When my granddaughter was little we'd put her hair in a bun, add the tiara, a bit of hair spray with glitter in it or once just regular hair spray and glitter worked like a charm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom