Bill Nye's presence in the parks

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Hey! So out of my own spark of curiosity.... I want to put a list together that includes ALL of Bill Nye's presence in the parks!
Why? I'm not sure. He has a special place in my heart, not from his TV Show, but his park presence. I only knew of Bill Nye growing up in the parks. However, it's also interesting knowing his presence still in the parks after attempting to sue Disney a few million dollars. So. If you want to help me out, please do so!

PRESENT

AK
Dinosaur - Queue Line "Preshow"

PAST

EPCOT
Ellen's Energy Adventure - Entire Attraction
Innoventions East - Bill Nye the Science Guy (?)

DisneyQuest
CyberSpace Mountain - Bill Nye "The Coaster Guy"

Was this it? Is that all? I felt like there was more he was involved with at the parks.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I watch his show sometimes in science class. We also watched a video starring him made by Discovery Education which wasn't as good as the show. Even though the show is too '90s, it's in a good way, and it makes up for the outdatedness by being edited like a YouTube Poop and the fact that probably everybody knows the songs they spoof. (They spoofed Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind in one episode)
We got a kick out of Stop The Rock, too, mainly for the social satire...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I didn't see that one.
Computer game.
1517068770969.png

celluloid

Like any IP, they come and go, and the going comes once the money to made off of them is gone. Fun times for nostalgia, but 20 years is forever in the entertainment business for most cash grabs of popularity.

The Empress Lilly

Given his WDW track record, he should be known as Bill Nye WDW of 96-98 Guy.

His presence everywhere never bothered me, perhaps because I like his persona, but generally I'm not a fan of Eisner era attempts to make rides reflect contemporary popular culture and celebs. It reduces their shelf life, and diminishes the effect of being transported to another world.

(Surely, Bill Nye the Science Guy no more implies he considers himself a scientist than Bill Nye the Coaster Guy means he thinks himself a coaster?)

I had no idea Bill Nye was from Texas.
He is too. Just like Waco Jaco.

Spotted them both last week at Tacko Bell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom