Biggest new Disney grievance?

Biggest new Disney grievance?

• Paid skip-the-line (Genie+)

• Introduction of more prix fixe menus

• Certain thematic choices and directions

• Service-related grievances

• Increasing hotel and

• Further technology integration (mobile ordering, DAS, virtual queues, skip-the-line on phone)

• Certain cut experiences haven't returned

• Park reservation system/park hopping restrictions

• Eliminated perks (Magic Express, Extra Magic Hours, etc)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

FutureCEO

Walt Disney. The person.

1. Walt Disney said this
2 Walt Disney said that
3. Walt Disney said the parks would never be complete
4. Walt Disney said to put bathrooms here

I know he's the founder but they over play it way too much.

I mean as far as I know Ford isn't saying Henry Ford wanted EV cars.

jannerUK

I mean they are going to have to look into Genie +, at $35 currently. If it doesnt actually go down in price its only naturally going to go up. They are going to be on, in my view, a ticking Long term time bomb where it will backfire.

Walt Disney1955

You have no idea just how important that was. When first going to WDW in the 80's we always marveled as to how efficiently and quickly they moved people in the parks and then along came Fastpass and gummed up the whole system..

I know I wasn't imagining it either back in the day. Sure there were long lines, but they moved gradually. It was steady. It kept you from being bored, gave you a bit of hope in the lines. It always made things seem like they went faster. Not now though.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I had to imagine what was the rest of choice: Increasing hotel and…

…ticket and food and experiences and merch costs, wayyyy beyond inflation while also chipping at the quality.

Picked that one 🙂 Can we be bled for every cent? Sure I guess so but it also leaves a bad taste each time the price ends up well out of line with what was received. Used to be a very rare occurrence. Used to feel WDW was pretty dependable in that regard. That blind trust is gone for now.

SplashJacket

Original Poster

…ticket and food and experiences and merch costs, wayyyy beyond inflation while also chipping at the quality.

Picked that one 🙂 Can we be bled for every cent? Sure I guess so but it also leaves a bad taste each time the price ends up well out of line with what was received. Used to be a very rare occurrence. Used to feel WDW was pretty dependable in that regard. That blind trust is gone for now.
Yeah that was the intention for that one 😂 was going to reword it then never got back to it, but doesn’t let me change it after the fact

Patcheslee

I'm going with cut experiences. I'm assuming resort package delivery, dining plan, and yet to reopen restaurants are included (looking at you 1900). The first two are things that would personally almost balance out some of the more annoying aspects that make Disney less convenient than it use to be.

Riviera Rita

Park passes and the continued super late hopping time is my biggest issue. I pick park day by vibe, crowd type, and weather. Sure I might PLAN to spend Tuesday at DAK but if I roll in and it's full of huge flag carrying tour groups (or cheerleaders, or just a bunch of really cranky families)? I'd go to Epcot. But now since I can't go to another park until after 2, I just go home. Im not gonna sit in a park that just has the wrong mood for the day until I get permission to go somewhere else. Im just going to leave.
If you haven't entered the park you reserved you can change the park if there is availability. However, we shouldn't have to do that. I loved waking up in the morning not sure which park to go to and deciding by either the shortest line or what bus was waiting.

NelleBelle

I can't stand the quality of the merchandise now, in particular the hoodies! I have a Star Wars hoodie that my son got back in 2016 that is thick and looks awesome still. The hoodies now are thin, cheap, and totally not unique to WDW/DLR. And as a Minnie Ear collector, the price has jumped ridiculously over the last year or two from $29 to now $35 and up!

Tony the Tigger

Not that I owe you an explanation, but look at Disney Kids "Slaves built this country" video

Teaching kids at a young age to hate this country and hammering them false truths, half truths and lies would be moral reprehensible.
You’ve got that backwards.

Pretending this country wasn’t built on the backs of slaves is what’s morally reprehensible. Whitewashing history to protect white kids from “feelings” is both reprehensible and pointless.

This isn’t hard. I’m Italian. If my Grandfather had fought for Mussolini, I’d be ashamed of him for that - but most likely still love him as a Grandfather. (He didn’t - he fought for America against Mussolini.)

So I expect Southerners to be ashamed of slave owners and Confederates in their families. Either you’re a patriot or you’re not.

Patriots aren’t afraid of the truth or teaching it in schools. They know it’s important to know and understand history accurately, the good and the bad.

Fordlover

Pretending this country wasn’t built on the backs of slaves is what’s morally reprehensible. Whitewashing history to protect white kids from “feelings” is both reprehensible and pointless.

This isn’t hard. I’m Italian. If my Grandfather had fought for Mussolini, I’d be ashamed of him for that - but most likely still love him as a Grandfather. (He didn’t - he fought for America against Mussolini.)

So I expect Southerners to be ashamed of slave owners and Confederates in their families. Either you’re a patriot or you’re not.

Patriots aren’t afraid of the truth or teaching it in schools. They know it’s important to know and understand history accurately, the good and the bad.
Slavery has been a part of history (and practically all countries/civilizations) since the beginning of time. Please do not pretend that America was unique in the exploitation/deployment of those atrocities. If we are going to teach people to hate America, we should at least be fair and make sure they spread the hate around fairly, right?

BlakeW39

Slavery has been a part of history (and practically all countries/civilizations) since the beginning of time. Please do not pretend that America was unique in the exploitation/deployment of those atrocities. If we are going to teach people to hate America, we should at least be fair and make sure they spread the hate around fairly, right?

What a spectacular whataboutism. Please, just talk about the other slaveries, not ours!!1!

Tell me how Egyptian slavery is relevant in an American history class.

Also pretty telling that you think teaching our children about American history is the same as teaching them to hate America...lol.

Tony the Tigger

Nobody considers it "hating America" unless they are personally offended. Why are you personally offended by condemning slavery?

You can hold two beliefs at the same time: 1. America is awesome. 2. America was wrong to keep slaves (and so was Egypt.)

And once you get past the work without wages, there are plenty of beatings, rapings, and killings to count.

I'm an American. I'm not offended by the idea that we can be and have been wrong about things, and done some terrible things.

ETA: we are actively doing some more terrible things right now.

CaptainAmerica

I just don't think that's a real issue. Schools teach slavery.

Whitewashing in the way you're describing would certainly be very bad. I'm just not convinced it's happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom