Biggest Mistakes in WDW

juniorthomas

Original Poster
In your opinion, which attractions/restaurants/resorts should never have happened at Walt Disney World?

I'm not particularly happy about LMA, myself It's a lot of property for not a lot of fun. But that's just me - what do you think?

Pooh Lover

The refurbs of Journey into Imagination and Mexico's Gran Fiesta Tour Staring the Three Cabelleros are the two that come to mind first.

wedenterprises

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor belongs in DHS

Toy Story Mania needs a re-theme to better suit Hollywood - maybe a Woody's Roundup western movie/TV set suction dart shooter?

Stitch was a horrible replacement for Alien Encounter. Maybe they could find a middle ground with Star Wars or something?

Soarin' is a fantastic ride but what I don't like is the path to get there, I wish there was a separate entrance outside, or at least a wait time display and fastpass machine outside.

LMA is pretty bad - I wish it could be themed around James Bond. Needs more cars doing jumps. Less talk, more action.

and last but certainly never least - the giant freakin HAT. It's a beautiful looking structure, it could look nice in a number of places including the animation resort.

sweetpee_1993

Toy Story Mania needs a re-theme to better suit Hollywood - maybe a Woody's Roundup western movie/TV set suction dart shooter?

Stitch was a horrible replacement for Alien Encounter. Maybe they could find a middle ground with Star Wars or something?

Soarin' is a fantastic ride but what I don't like is the path to get there, I wish there was a separate entrance outside, or at least a wait time display and fastpass machine outside.

LMA is pretty bad - I wish it could be themed around James Bond. Needs more cars doing jumps. Less talk, more action.

and last but certainly never least - the giant freakin HAT. It's a beautiful looking structure, it could look nice in a number of places including the animation resort.

***golf clap***

ddbowdoin

Toy Story Mania needs a re-theme to better suit Hollywood - maybe a Woody's Roundup western movie/TV set suction dart shooter? Guess I'd have to disagree here, this ride is awesome man

Stitch was a horrible replacement for Alien Encounter. Maybe they could find a middle ground with Star Wars or something? I cant really remember Alien! I think between this attraction and the buzz / MI laugh the land really lacks a punch for me. I have no idea how they would improve that though.

LMA is pretty bad - I wish it could be themed around James Bond. Needs more cars doing jumps. Less talk, more action. Maybe some tweaks, but that show is pretty amazing the first time you see it.. less so the 2nd time and beyond

and last but certainly never least - the giant freakin HAT. It's a beautiful looking structure, it could look nice in a number of places including the animation resort. I agree... I think it would even look somewhat better in another spot in the park itself. I dislike how it blocks the view of the Chinese theatre.

just a few thoughts here....

wedenterprises

just a few thoughts here....

Don't get me wrong, I love TSMM but I just think the theme doesn't match Hollywood, it is designed for Paradise Pier. Hence "midway".

Alien encounter was surprisingly terrifying.

LMA - I've only seen it once and tell people to skip it unless they're a gearhead.

Jakester

Hmmm.

1. Not returning Summer Nightastic Fireworks
2. Not getting a new day parade for Magic Kingdom
3. Ruining the Block Party Bash
4. Alot more but the list is long

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

The long pauses between stunts in LMA are an unfortunate necessity. It takes time to re-set the stage and get it ready for the next stunt. The endless, extended "instant replays" are designed to keep you occuppied while that happens.

While I agree that the show has some long pauses in it, there's really very little that can be done about it, unfortunately.

plaz10

Ok while I'm not a big Stitch's Great Escape fan...I do think it suits the park better than Alien Encounter. Now I'm not saying Alien Encounter was not a great thrilling attraction that really effin' scared people. But Disney is not about scaring people (their halloween party is Not So Scary for crying out loud!) and I'm sure young kids were peeing their pants out of terror.

I'm not saying Stitch was a good replacement - but I'm saying I understand Disney's move to take out A.E.

Other Mistakes:

-I agree that LMA is a waste of space. The show is not very good and takes up so much space in a park where rides are sparse.

-Making FANTASMIC! only a few nights a week. The show packs in the crowds and you're decreasing it's viewings? Maybe the wait for the first show wouldn't be over an hour for good seats if one could see it almost every night.

-Taking the villains out of everywhere. I'm not saying they have to jump out and scare people (again i know Disney not about scaring) but they can't even be in parades or have merch in the VILLAINS IN VOGUE store? Lame.

-Soarin' placement in the Land pavilion. Such a crowded area. But it does bring foot traffic to LwTL so perhaps that was their M.O.

-Lack of ride/park/resort specific merch. There is a huge demand for this.

puntagordabob

MK

1.The Magic Carpets in Adventureland
2. Making Main Street USA's shops all one giant flea market removing the attractions and most of the unique stores that sold so many unique items.
3. Stitch's Great Escape
4. The future Meet and Greet in SWSA location rather than make it a new attraction
* Could be a #5 with what they do with the firestation if it ruins the Fire Stations aspect of it...but will give benefit of the doubt until it is revealed.
**6. WOULD HAVE BEEN Tiki Room Under New Management but thankfully THAT is fixed!!! :))))))))))

DHS

1. The location of the hat
2. LMA in its current form
3. Indiana Jones Stunt show in its current form
4. Sounds Dangerous
5. American Idol

EPCOT

1. Journey Into Imagination in its current form
2. Wonders of Life Pavilion AS AN EVENT CENTER
3. The second floor of the Imagination as event space and storage space
4. The Oddyssey being closed to the general public...just plain dead area of the park in plain sight

DAK
1. A Yeti that cannot seem to operate properly :(

DTD
1. The space normally known as Pleasure Island which is now Lost in Space atm
2. The Rainforrest Cafe (why do not need two of these on property do we?)
3. Most of the NON-Disney stores

Property Wide
1. The Land of the Lost (formally known as Discovery Island)
2. McDonalds near All Star Resorts
3. The Four Seasons (if it is ever built)
4. The Golden Oaks (if it is ever built)

wdwfan4ver

DHS
Location of hat
Sounds Dangerous
Current version of Studios Backlot Tour
LMA
Journey into Narnia:prince Caspian
Pixar Pals Countdown To Fun!
American Idol! - Attraction came 3 or 4 years too late

Animal Kingdom
Yeti doesn't work

Magic Kingdom
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - belongs in DHS

Epcot
Nemo - should be in DHS, since the attraction is designed the new Little Mermaid attraction.
Journey into Imagination 2 & 3
Wonders of Life being used as an event center

Other
The handling of Pleasure Island
The decline of resort exclusive merchandise
The decline of Christmas stuff at WDW overall compare to 20 years ago - thanks to tdo being cheap
Monorails not operating during Extra Magic Hours
The lack of maintenance for attractions

Kamikaze

MegCrofton.JPG

thumb_robert_iger.jpg

wedenterprises

Tomorrowland= tomorrow?

hmmm... Toy Story takes place in present day
Lilo & Stitch takes place in present day
Monsters Inc takes place in a present day fantasy world.

Yes, "tomorrow".

Should just call it "cartoon spaceland and monster show"

ArtieJim

To me, the fact that Soarin' stuck to its California fly-over, I understand why they did it but I'd rather it be a fly-over of Florida, and, um, Disney World. I know that Florida is a lot of open space, but so is about 95% of America.

When I rode Soarin' I thought to myself, why did I come here when I could've gone to California, it seems much nicer.

MaryJaneP

To me, the fact that Soarin' stuck to its California fly-over, I understand why they did it but I'd rather it be a fly-over of Florida, and, um, Disney World. I know that Florida is a lot of open space, but so is about 95% of America.

When I rode Soarin' I thought to myself, why did I come here when I could've gone to California, it seems much nicer.

Since Soarin WDW has 2 theaters, maybe offer CA in 1 and FL in the other. I don't know if DL Soarin has 2, but if so, also offer choice there. It would be nice to offer flyover of another state or home state in each location.

Or have guests vote by hitting a button (CA or FL) while passing one at a time just before pre-board. Majority vote wins. Could even expand beyond CA and FL choices (ie. Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, or DLP, DLT, DLHK, etc)

Kamikaze

Tomorrowland= tomorrow?

hmmm... Toy Story takes place in present day
Lilo & Stitch takes place in present day
Monsters Inc takes place in a present day fantasy world.

Yes, "tomorrow".

Should just call it "cartoon spaceland and monster show"

How about 'The Future that never was, and always will be'

Oh ... that is the theme.

plaz10

Since Soarin WDW has 2 theaters, maybe offer CA in 1 and FL in the other. I don't know if DL Soarin has 2, but if so, also offer choice there. It would be nice to offer flyover of another state or home state in each location.

Or have guests vote by hitting a button (CA or FL) while passing one at a time just before pre-board. Majority vote wins. Could even expand beyond CA and FL choices (ie. Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, or DLP, DLT, DLHK, etc)

I like the idea of having different choices - though I'm not sure voting would work (picture stupid people saying "hey if I voted for it, I should get it" - many complaints) Perhaps having like 4 or 5 possible states (hawaii, alaska, new york, california, florida...just a few ideas) and then you see which one you get. It's a good re-ride ability factor. The only issue w/this would be the smells as I don't think you could load different scents into the same dispenser. And if it was possible by some rare occurance - they would all mix together and not create the perfect orange grove scent!

ArtieJim

I like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom